Using Maple Syrup

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbeck3579

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using maple syrup at trace -- like using honey at trace. I'm wondering if the soap would smell a lot like maple.

I tried it once for fun. Hubby and I were at a pancake restaurant and they gave us mini syrup bottles for the pancakes. Since I took the unused bottles home I thought I'd give it a go. I always add honey, sugar, beer, wine, etc to my lye water so did the same with the syrup. It behaved exactly as any other sugar and there was no maple scent. It added the nice bubbles I like though so it turned out well in that respect.

I tried it once for fun. Hubby and I were at a pancake restaurant and they gave us mini syrup bottles for the pancakes. Since I took the unused bottles home I thought I'd give it a go. I always add honey, sugar, beer, wine, etc to my lye water so did the same with the syrup. It behaved exactly as any other sugar and there was no maple scent. It added the nice bubbles I like though so it turned out well in that respect.

Thank you for the information! I assumed it wasn't a wonderful additive but I thought I would ask.

Latest posts

Back