Using Hemp Oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeitsashley

Reaction score
Here is a recipe that I just came up with on a whim. The high iodine and low INS have me worried, but I know I'll have to test it out. Anyway I am wondering what the common present usage on hemp oil is?

25% Hemp Oil
15% Coconut Oil
30% Olive Oil
30% Palm Oil

Hardness 34
Cleansing 10
Conditioning 63
Bubbly 10
Creamy 24
Iodine 84
INS 123

Hi!!! I have the same concern about my new recipe with hemp oil :) Did your soap turn out ok? :)

I never use INS numbers. The INS of a 100% Olive Oil Castile bar is 105.
DeeAnna does a exemplary job in describing the difference between Solubility and Hardness in this post.

Here is a recipe that I just came up with on a whim. The high iodine and low INS have me worried, but I know I'll have to test it out. Anyway I am wondering what the common present usage on hemp oil is?

25% Hemp Oil
15% Coconut Oil
30% Olive Oil
30% Palm Oil

Hardness 34
Cleansing 10
Conditioning 63
Bubbly 10
Creamy 24
Iodine 84
INS 123

I use hemp too, but now I’m trying to create nice, conditioning soap that will also last long – so it looks like I will need to go down with it, to have my “long lasting” number OK :) My soap will be also something around 130 ISN, but since is an indicator for how fast, or slow the soap is getting firm in mold – I dot worry too much :) It can sit in mold as long as it needs to :))))))

Navada – DeeAnna is absolute awesome with explaining how things work! I LIKE! :)

Latest posts

Back