Using goats milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty new to soap making...well to cold process. Like a newbe...I rely on the soap calc. If the soap calc says it will be good...then I believe it to be that. So I have actually done a couple batches of goats milk. I use it in place of my water...I freeze it...and add the lye slowly...comes out white and creamy. My biggest question is...(since I use the calc) if you are adding dried goats milk...or cream to your batch...are you plugging that in to soap calc..or are you just adding it? I've seen people get their batch together...they add their lye to their oils...begin to blend...come to a beautiful trace...and then add cream...or milk...or oils...and I sit there while watching and think..."Was that part of their calculations?"..or are they just adding a couple oz here and there...lol someone help! lol ~~ Karen

I have seen that too! I saw someone on YouTube making chocolate soap and she added cream into the batch at trace with cocoa powder. She is an accomplished soaper so I assumed she knows what she's doing but honestly I wondered how this all got figured into her recipe as well.

Back