Using embeds.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I increased my soap recipe to include enough batter to make some moon embeds for a future project. Will it be ok to wait a couple of weeks to use the moons in a loaf, or do they need to be used right away? I don’t want them to slide out of the loaf soap slices in the future.

If they are from a column mold, wrap them well in something like Saran Wrap and if they fit, store them in a Ziplock bag or other airtight container. They should be okay for a couple of weeks. If they are from little individual cavities, I'd put them in a Ziplock and store them in something airtight. These should be okay as well, although I haven't done this myself, so can't say that with certainty.

If they are from a column mold, wrap them well in something like Saran Wrap and if they fit, store them in a Ziplock bag or other airtight container. They should be okay for a couple of weeks. If they are from little individual cavities, I'd put them in a Ziplock and store them in something airtight. These should be okay as well, although I haven't done this myself, so can't say that with certainty.
They have already sat for a few days before I thought to ask. Should I wet them or something, before I wrap them?

I wouldn’t wet them now, just get them into airtight storage of some type. You could mist them or wet them slightly when you are ready to use them, but I don’t think that would be absolutely necessary. I don’t have a lot of experience with large embeds, but I’ve used smaller pieces that were made by chopping up an older bar without any issues.

Latest posts

Back