Quantcast

Using embeds.

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I increased my soap recipe to include enough batter to make some moon embeds for a future project. Will it be ok to wait a couple of weeks to use the moons in a loaf, or do they need to be used right away? I don’t want them to slide out of the loaf soap slices in the future.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are from a column mold, wrap them well in something like Saran Wrap and if they fit, store them in a Ziplock bag or other airtight container. They should be okay for a couple of weeks. If they are from little individual cavities, I'd put them in a Ziplock and store them in something airtight. These should be okay as well, although I haven't done this myself, so can't say that with certainty.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are from a column mold, wrap them well in something like Saran Wrap and if they fit, store them in a Ziplock bag or other airtight container. They should be okay for a couple of weeks. If they are from little individual cavities, I'd put them in a Ziplock and store them in something airtight. These should be okay as well, although I haven't done this myself, so can't say that with certainty.
They have already sat for a few days before I thought to ask. Should I wet them or something, before I wrap them?

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t wet them now, just get them into airtight storage of some type. You could mist them or wet them slightly when you are ready to use them, but I don’t think that would be absolutely necessary. I don’t have a lot of experience with large embeds, but I’ve used smaller pieces that were made by chopping up an older bar without any issues.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all! Love this forum!! 💃🏼

Latest posts