Using Diatomaceous Earth in Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha, probably not, Hazel.. I bet it will be fine.

I'm interested now in taking some of this DE... may go find myself some. I want my hair to grow faster!

Hello all DE curious!

I'm one of the guinea pigs from the swap and I'm here to report that Hazel's DE soap is ........ drumroll ........ FABULOUS!!!!!

I used it for the first time yesterday, and it was excellent!!
It has a soft silky feel that is soooo luxurious.
I prefer it heartily to the silky yet slippery feel of clays.

It's a beautifully crafted bar, great feel to use, great lather, non-drying.

I totally want to experiment with DE now :)

Way to go Hazel!!!

LadyM,

Thanks for the review and the kind words. :D I also like the feel of it but I was so happy with the way the soap turned out that I felt I was biased.

Okay, both myself and my BF tried them. I put one in each hand and lathered up.

The D-earth one was definately smoother than the other but I'm not sure if it was the D-earth or that the other had kelp? It had better glide and was extremely silky. My hands are super soft right now.

But I have to say...DANG! That was some nice soap, Hazel! Between that, your scrub and your killer lotion...you're on a roll! I can't wait to get the next swap box to see what you did!

Thanks! It makes me feel a little more confident when I get compliments from experienced soapers like you and LadyM. But don't get too excited about the Halloween swap. I didn't expect to be needed so I wasn't prepared. :oops:

Although I had fun packaging everything up. I got to express my inner child. :wink:

Yeah, I don't know about the kelp. I think I'll try another experimental batch and leave the kelp and scent out. It's time I made another unscented/uncolored batch. My sister asked me the other day about more because she said she was on the last bar. I was pleased she mentioned it because it meant she was paying attention when I talked about giving soap time to cure. :D

Hazel, still using DE? If it's good for the Nails, it should be good for the teeth

It's funny that you posted this about DE. I was just wondering if it was possible to use in soap. I have food grade DE and I drink about 1 T a day. I can verify it's good for the nails because mine have become very strong. I used to have problems with my nails being brittle and "peeling". I don't know if it's helped my skin and hair because I use so many different products I can't make a fair assessment.

Hmm...now that you've posted I'll definitely give it a try. I'll put it on my "to do" list for Saturday. :D

Nevada,

I'm so sorry I never saw your question. I didn't receive an email notification. Thread subscriptions must get automatically deleted after a certain period of time. I wouldn't have even seen it now if Jane hadn't asked me a question about DE and I had to re-read the thread to jog my memory.

Anyway, to answer your question - I had stopped using DE a long time ago but in the past 6 weeks or so have been thinking about getting more. My nails have been peeling and breaking easily. However, I'm not sure how good it would be for the teeth since they aren't growing. Although, I may be wrong about it not helping with teeth. Looks like I've got more research to do. :lol:

Latest posts

Back