using a heating bath

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyndham Dennison

Reaction score
I've noticed in some videos that when doing multi colors to get swirls and other blending effect, the artist has to reheat many times to get the various m&P colors to work well together.
Do any M&P soaper use a hot water bath tray to keep the different parts of the batch at the best working temp?

When I did multiple color M&P, I used as many melting pots as colors I was using. Since my stove has only 4 burners, I never used more than 4 colors. I would fill 4 pots I bought at goodwill with water to use as double boilers. Which is just like a water barh. I melted the M&P in one pot to start with and then pour the amount I wanted for each color into the other 3 pots. Then I would color the 4 pots and begin to pour. It works very well but you have to keep an eye on the temperature of each pot because if it is to hot it will melt the previous layer. You also can't wait to long between each pour because if your previous layer gets to cold then the soap will separate later. Spritzing each layer with 99% alcohol will help the layers adhere to each other too. Personally I only do a single color with M&P soap and I find it easier to do multiple colors with CP soap.

Thanks, I'm straddling a fence, one leg m&p for quick turn around and the other cp for more artistic work and me on the sharp pointy things :)
getting there slowly

Thanks, I'm straddling a fence, one leg m&p for quick turn around and the other cp for more artistic work and me on the sharp pointy things :)
getting there slowly
I to was in your position. I am on the CP side but I am still doing MP because there are things that will work better in MP than CP. For example I do a loofah and sea sponge embed with MP because it works much better than in CP. I also do many molds that are individual molds that I have to do 1 at a time. I have been making individual animal molds that I will sell during our county fair. I do CP soap making all day long on Saturday but on Sunday I do one CP mold and then I do my MP stuff. Within a few hours I can have everything done with my MP.

Latest posts

Back