Usage Rates

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm confused. And probably shouldn't be for as long as I've been making soap and lotion.

IFRA Maximum Skin Exposure

Soap: 3.90%
Body Lotion: 7.50%
Hand Cream: 1.70%

This is WSP's listing for their vanilla. Why would soap, a wash off product be less that body lotion, a leave on product. And why is hand cream different that body lotion. To apply body lotion it has to get on your hands. Not finding this to make much sense.

Ingredients. And a lot of folks will wash their hands after applying body lotions, face moisturizers, foot creams...I know I do.

I'm confused. And probably shouldn't be for as long as I've been making soap and lotion.

IFRA Maximum Skin Exposure

Soap: 3.90%
Body Lotion: 7.50%
Hand Cream: 1.70%

This is WSP's listing for their vanilla. Why would soap, a wash off product be less that body lotion, a leave on product. And why is hand cream different that body lotion. To apply body lotion it has to get on your hands. Not finding this to make much sense.

I would post the question on WSP. I recently saw one where someone asked a similar question and they thanked the questioner and went and fixed it.

The rationale I've seen for lower lotion safety levels is that they are applied with the hands (as opposed say to body sprays) so this does seem odd. Be interesting to see what the supplier has to say.

Latest posts

Back