Us this the Alien brains?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glassfishy

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. Howdy. I've been making CP Soap for years mainly for myself and friends. About a month ago me and Sis in law started making soap to sell and were pushed out to garage by my partner for "messing up the kitchen". I like it there better because its my soap space. Anyway. I made a mold that will hold 3 logs worth that I affectionately call big mama. I've used it several times now with no problems. Last night I made A batch if Orange Crushed and when I looked at it today it had a weird intestines look to the surface. It had set up but the middle part had looked like worms or what someone called alien brains. From what I read on other websites is its from overheating. My mold is 3/4" mdf. And I place 3/4" wood on top with three towels. The only difference is it was more humid and hot last night than it has been in past month. Do you think it just overheated. The soap looks fine on inside and smells great. Just the weird looking top. I can bring the batches in house when it's hot but should I keep from putting so many towels or no towels next time since I'm using 3/5 wood? Suggestions. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1375928083.705302.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Last edited:
I have nothing to add to this, but for the fact that I am a medical student and YES....this could be in the cadaver lab...small intestines for sure!

Please take this in the matter is was intended! I am laughing with you, NOT at you!!!

I'm gonna be Mikey and say "I like it! I like it!" Lol weird but kewl in a way!

If it was ricing wouldn't it have riced in the pot. I only use one recipe. I like it and haven't experimented with others. I've yet to come across an issue such as ricing or separation. CROSSING FINGERS SND KNOCKING ON WOOD. I just thought if it riced it did it in the pot. I've had them set up quickly and had to work getting them in the mold but no ricing.

It does look like it overheated . Wooden molds hold the heat big time, one towel would probably have done the trick if it is hot and humid, I sometime start out with 2 or 3 towels and check the batch in 15 minutes, if it is getting hot fast I take a towel or 2 off depending how hot it is getting. The more soap you make the better you will be able to determine how many towels to use, it depends of the FO's too.. I try to read the reviews for the FO's to see what kind of challenge I might be up for.

Your soap will still be good soap..

Back