Urgent help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reem2557

Reaction score
I am required to make a soft soap using sodium hydroxide so that I have not tested a solution to make the soap softer and make the sodium very stable so as not to add more water or oils because it leads to the tanning technique there is a soft soapy soap after the completion of the saping process

Do you mean soap paste, like for liquid soap? Or do you mean a soap with soft oils?

As far as I know soap paste is only made with potassium hydroxide but you can use sodium hydroxide with soft oils

Increasing the soft oils leads to the soaking of soap I want to know technic soap making similar to dough soap but sodium hydroxide

A few months ago there was a soap dough challenge.

The basic idea is to make your normal recipe and seal it away from air for a few days. You can take almost any recipe to a thick trace then pour it into a ziplock and push out the air. Letting it sit for 2-3 days will allow the saponification to complete and you should be able to mold it like play dough. Only take out the pieces you’ll be using at the moment, soap dough hardens very fast when left exposed to air

Latest posts

Back