Upsizing your deodorant recipe for resale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinevere

Reaction score
So that’s pretty much my question, what’s the best way to upsize my deodorant recipe for resale? So now that I’m talking this out I think I may have it. So like if I have 20 deodorant containers, I’m going to multiply my numbers by 20, right? I know this may sound like a stupid question but I do have dyslexia.

Guinevere

I would maybe recommend converting your ingredients quantity to % instead of grams or oz, work out how much the 20 containers hold. Then use that as your batch amount for example 100g then you can workout the amount of grams per batch you make with the % you've already formulated ... I find this easier for all my recipes purely because some products are popular than others so stocking up varies with how much I need to make per batch...
Hope this makes sense and helps in some way :)

Ok, yes I think I got it now. Don’t know where I’d be without the help of good people willing to share your wisdom and knowledge. Thank you very much,

Guinevere

Remember to make extra if you need to pour samples.
Here is a link to figure out your recipe by volume to get percentage
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/calculators/Percentage_Calculator.aspx

After you convert to Percentage you can go to this calculator enter the amount you want to make and enter the percentage for each ingredient. Do not forget to print the results because it does not save.
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/calculators/Batch_Size_Calculator.aspx

Yes, if you know the weight your container holds just times it by how many you want to make. As I stated above make extra for samples and pouring loss. Pouring loss is what stays in your container or even spills before and after pouring your deodorant. It just will not come out perfect.

Back