Updating recipe hangs up and recipe does not update

Discussion in 'SoapmakingFriend.com Support Forum' started by earlene, May 31, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. May 31, 2019 #1

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

I tried to edit a recipe about half an hour ago, maybe longer. It still says 'updating' and so far has not finished updating.

All I wanted to change was to add some notes.

2. May 31, 2019 #2

earlene

earlene

earlene

After an hour, I just gave up. I copied the recipe instead and put my new notes into the copy.

That's where I found an oddity, on the Copy Recipe page, which I had mentioned in another post. Here's what it looks like:

Copy recipe Soap Builder.JPG

Last update 49 Years, 4 Months ago? Where is that coming from? I saw it earlier this evening, and don't remember seeing it in the past.

3. May 31, 2019 #3

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

I tried updating all my recipes several times and didn't get issues ...
    does this happen with a specific recipe I can try or happens to all your recipes ?
    is there a clear way I can reproduce it ?

The recipe last updated timing issue fixed

4. May 31, 2019 #4

earlene

earlene

earlene

No, it only happened this once with the recipe I wanted to update. It had never happened before and I haven't tried it since because I had to get some sleep. Saving New was speedy.

5. May 31, 2019 #5

earlene

earlene

earlene

Okay, decided to update a recipe to see if the problem happens again. First a different recipe, then the one that would not update, just in case it was related to a specific recipe.

Update was speedy in both recipes, so perhaps what happened last night was just a glitch.

Thank you for fixed the 'last updated' issue, btw. That was sort of funny, though.

6. Jun 1, 2019 #6

earlene

earlene

earlene

I solved the problem as to why SoapBuilder was not updating my recipe last night. It happened again late this afternoon when I tried to update another recipe, but I realized that the probable reason for both events was this:

I had started the edits and then went away for an extended period of time, leaving the recipes open, but not completing the save or update, thereby probably timing out (or something like that). My computer probably went to sleep and I had to wake it up (screen saver situation) and that may have also played a part in being timed out. In any case I am pretty sure that was the reason, as it was the case both times.

7. Jun 2, 2019 #7

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

My recipes are not updating and some did not save as new if I started with an existing recipe, when I used the program yesterday.

If I am using the same recipe for several batches, other than additives, I tend to just change the name on the existing make changes in the fragrance names, additives, etc then save as new, most did not save the new recipe. Also I tweaked an existing recipe at least a couple of times, tried to update and it just hung. I was able to print the tweaks so I can re-build my recipes. I was not using the batch option, just the new recipe option

ETA:updating seems to be working today, but the recipe date updates to the current day today and
    I like to know when my recipe was originally created

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019