Update Sister

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is hoping for some good Karma today, and I need a lot of it :D

My Attorney is calling my sister and see if she will agree to return how we were taking care of mom and updating all accounts so I have access to monitor my mom's accounts. Otherwise he is going to inform her that we are all set to go to court for conservatorship, which I honestly do not want so he is going to explain how it is going to work with a third party conservator. My attorney said that she is not going to qualify for conversatorship. What she does not count on is the fact I will let it go to a third party and she is counting on mom's estate to live and hold on to her house. It will be the third party that eats up the entire estate. I am doubting she will answer her phone since she has become so arrogant and thinks she has won everything. We shall see... He is also going to tell her to drop the Order of Protection, that would save me a couple thousand.

Last week she pulled a left turn in front of a car and wrecked mom's car on. Mom was in the car and of course it hit on mom's side. I guess she is okay, but they refused going to the hospital. Mom is on Coumadin and could have had internal injuries from the seat belt. I would have insisted she went to the hospital for observation, afterall she is 93.

She would work nothing out with my Attorney, so I finally made the decision, with help from my hubby, that I am going to file for conservatorship. This is going to get expensive :(
She now moved her daughter's boyfriend, daughter and granddaughter into my mom's house.

:( Good luck with everything Carolyn. It seems that you really have no options.
No I do not. I had a teleconference with my attorney and a Whittier Attorney, they both conferred that nothing will get done unless I file. Mom is going to hate me for this one, but in the end I will know I did it all for her health and safety. Sadly I am sure my sister will fight this with mom's money which is needed for her care :hairpulling: I do not need to pull my hair out, it is falling out like crazy and my hands are so broken out that I cannot really cook and certainly cannot make soap. Doc tells me it is stress...

Doing the right thing can be so difficult when family members don’t agree or act in their own self interest. Your willingness to do the right thing for your mom at your own emotional and financial expense is a gift that I think you will not regret in the long run. I admire your strength and your husband for giving you the support you needed to make a difficult decision. {{{hugs}}}

Best of luck--sorry you are going thru this. sorry to hear the stress is effecting your body like it is, hopefully it doesn't take too long to resolve

Thankyou everyone. Mom is going to hate me for this one. But I told my husband at this point in her life she at least deserves to have good food to eat, and my half sibling cannot even do that for her. This is someone that could not even send flowers to her own Father's Funeral or even get the grave marker ordered, and she has mom believing she is the greatest person on earth. I do not have to do this and could let her stay in the h*** hole she has helped create. Sadly she does not seem to fully comprehend the situation. I also do not know what else to do to see my mom while she is still alive and I know I will not even be notified if and when my mother passes away or is in the hospital.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back