Unwrapped bath bombs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I've seen bath bombs being sold unwrapped (think Lush) and am wondering how to make them like that so that they don't wart or start fizzing on the outside from not being wrapped?

I've been making bath bombs for a few months now but I always wrap them pretty much immediately after making them. I've tried cutting back on the oils so that they're less likely to get fizzy on their own, but even the ones that have practically crumbled from being so dry did it too!

I don't really have a problem wrapping them - when I wrap them they're fine - but I love how they look on display unwrapped.

Anyone know the "secret" to keeping them looking nice unwrapped?

Mine sit unwrapped for a few days to a week or more till I shrink wrap them. I haven't had an issue, but I live in the high desert so it is pretty dry most of the time

It's not very humid where I live at all (Northern Ontario), and I've seen the unwrapped Lush bath bombs in a city close to me (with the same humidity).

I thought maybe I was using too much oil in my bath bombs so I made them with varying amounts and they were all either too dry and crumbled, or too wet and warted. No happy medium. :(

Mine sit unwrapped for a few days to a week or more till I shrink wrap them

Do they get a flat spot on the bottom? How do you shrink wrap them? Do you put anything in there to preserve them? I have made some and after a month or so it seems as if the scent smells funny. It is very humid where I live so i usually have to wrap soon after I make them. They go into a small bag with a twist tie.

Latest posts

Back