unusual soap additives

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
Friends of mine just returned from Italy...10 days in Sicily and 10 days in Tuscany.What they brought back for me is a soap with donkey milk...basically an olive oil soap(no other fats or oils) . Just wondering what other unusual things people have run across being an ingredient in soaps....
Soap on!

I have heard of Donkey milk soap, and someone in San Diego makes camel milk soap since they have camels. Sadly they apparently cannot sell the milk. I would love some Donkey or Camel milk mainly for label appeal

I've heard of reindeer milk soap and human milk soap. I think if someone can get their hands on a milk and soaps, they've tried it.

I use to milk one of my bunnies years ago, but wasn't making soap then :cry:.

She just kept producing milk because she thought she was pregnant and wasn't. I was just trying to make her more comfortable.

I found a bar of donkey milk soap at a yard sale. It came from paris and smells amazing but its very drying. I'd love to try some exotic milks just because. I put saffron in a batch once, it was quite pretty.

Cmzaha, I have a bar of the camel milk soap! My friend who lives in San Marcos gave them to me for Christmas. I used one. It was nothing extraordinary, but a very neat ingredient which made the soap feel special. I still have one left.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1440735997.131521.jpg

I've also seen emu soap and snake oil soap...

Cmzaha, I have a bar of the camel milk soap! My friend who lives in San Marcos gave them to me for Christmas. I used one. It was nothing extraordinary, but a very neat ingredient which made the soap feel special. I still have one left.

View attachment 16160

I've also seen emu soap and snake oil soap...
I am jealous, that was a nice gift. It would make nice label appeal.

I am heading to a health food store today to purchase frozen camel milk. yippeee :p. Can't believe there will be any difference in the soap, but the label appeal might work. No one in my markets has camel milk soap!! This way I do not have to buy the min of 6 pints

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back