Unusual molds...where do you find them?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fionasfrightsoap

Reaction score
Seems my soap ideas call for unusual molds. I may have to make my own or custom order but thought I'd turn to the forum to see if any of you have a resource.

For example, I am looking for a soap mold for a 4 oz or so bar that looks like a wooden cigar store indian or indian chief, and another that has a baby carriage (imprint, shaped like on) that isn't a small lollipop mold.

I didn't think these were particularly unusual but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

If you have the original you can made a mold from silicone. Also Flexiblemolds.com has some very unusual molds, the molds actually work great, the site is a little primitive and the photos don't do the molds justice. These are silicone molds, very inexpensive, and they are not food grade.

If you have the original you can made a mold from silicone. Also Flexiblemolds.com has some very unusual molds, the molds actually work great, the site is a little primitive and the photos don't do the molds justice. These are silicone molds, very inexpensive, and they are not food grade.

Thanks for the reply! They do have some great molds, I can see a few future projects taking shape :)

You can always make your own silicone mold if you find something to mold. There was a post a few days ago about it. I just rewatched this video I didn't link on there...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZaUIW5a4Uw[/ame]

You can always make your own silicone mold if you find something to mold. There was a post a few days ago about it. I just rewatched this video I didn't link on there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZaUIW5a4Uw

Thanks for the video! I think I am going to have to make my own. I have a friend that will make me custom molds but even with the generous discount he offered me it's a little more than I want to spend right now, and I also needed them fairly quickly (which is why I was hoping to find pre-made ones)

Back