unmold soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it ok to leave soap in mold for 4 to 5 days?
That would totally depend on your recipe though I would un-mold it as soon as it's able to be. If you wait too long it may be too hard to cut. I cut mine at 18-24 hours. If you are using a high liquid oil recipe that may be just fine though.

I’ve left loafs in molds for up to 5 days. It gets super cold by me and sometimes it needs that long to be firm enough to unmold.

I’ve got a soap in an individual mold that I poured months ago. It was over fill and I just haven’t cared enough to do anything about it, I’ve got tons of soap. I wouldn’t recommend it. I feel very unorganized just mentioning it

Why is it still in the mold? Are you having difficulty unmolding it? If so, of your mold is oven safe, preheat your oven to 150 or 200 F, turn it off, then wrap your soap in a towel (just in case), place it on a cookie sheet or in a casserole dish, and put it in the oven. That usually helps it unstick.

I’ve left loafs in molds for up to 5 days. It gets super cold by me and sometimes it needs that long to be firm enough to unmold.

I’ve got a soap in an individual mold that I poured months ago. It was over fill and I just haven’t cared enough to do anything about it, I’ve got tons of soap. I wouldn’t recommend it. I feel very unorganized just mentioning it
*whispers and judges*

I once had some soap that was just GLUED into some of those ELF molds. Those molds were in general awful, I just got sucked in by pretty designs. The soap was in there for months and I finally just pitched the whole thing.

I once had some soap that was just GLUED into some of those ELF molds.

Thankfully mine is just an individual pringles container. My sister likes the shape more than I do so I should probably let it properly cure for her

*whispers and judges*

I once had some soap that was just GLUED into some of those ELF molds. Those molds were in general awful, I just got sucked in by pretty designs. The soap was in there for months and I finally just pitched the whole thing.

I wonder if freezing the whole thing would have helped.

I wonder if freezing the whole thing would have helped.

Usually it does, but in this particular case it didn't. I was killed my thumbs trying to pop it out, and the mold was all cracked along the rim of the circle. Something about that PVC just GRIPS soap.

I just can't imagine having the amount of self control to do this. I'm a very impatient person when it comes to making soap.

I know what you mean. I've dented more than a few logs forcing them out before they were ready!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like others have said it all depends on the recipe. I’ve built a chart to remind me how many days to keep soap in a mold based on the recipe. I find the chart very helpful especially if I have not soaped in a while.

Usually it does, but in this particular case it didn't. I was killed my thumbs trying to pop it out, and the mold was all cracked along the rim of the circle. Something about that PVC just GRIPS soap.

I know what you mean. I've dented more than a few logs forcing them out before they were ready!
Haha! Me too!

Back