Unknown percentage of oils. Need help with water/lye

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye - I always think of two stages:

1 safe
2 ready

Safe is when it stops zapping. That's easy to find (zap test!)

Ready is harder to define as it varies from recipe to recipe and person to person. Even then, each person will have, or at least I do, different stages of ready - good enough for me to use and good enough for giving away to family and friends. I am happy to use a 4-week old salt bar if I want to see how the new scent works or what not, but I wouldn't really give one away at that stage.

Interesting...all those youtube how-to-s made me think that the beauty of HP that it was an instant gratification kinda method.... well , and also the fact that it doesn't burn EO... btw, imho, Petitgrain is not a good soap smell....may be I should've mixed it with something
Anyhow... thank you ALL and happy soaping!!

Since i have some more of that mystery Neem butter (Coconut mixed with Palm oil with dash of Neem) left, I thought I'd make another little batch, in hopes that if I SF it enough it wouldnt dry my hands so terribly.... here are the proportions that I've used:
33oz. oil
4.83oz. lye
12.54oz. water
1/2 oz. lavander EO
(Tested for zap)
Now I wait

I find coconut oil to be drying if I use more than 20% in the recipe. I usually use less these days.

Good luck using up the mystery oil.

Since i have some more of that mystery Neem butter (Coconut mixed with Palm oil with dash of Neem) left, I thought I'd make another little batch, in hopes that if I SF it enough it wouldnt dry my hands so terribly.... here are the proportions that I've used:
33oz. oil
4.83oz. lye
12.54oz. water
1/2 oz. lavander EO
(Tested for zap��)
Now I wait

Back