Unintended Irony

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
So the base that I masterbatch has tallow and lard in it. (Hubby's favorite) I use goatmilk powder in the oils and silk in my lye. I haven't tried adding honey to CP yet.

But, for Christmas gifts, I try and make a batch or two of vegan soap, since a couple of my neighbors are vegan.

So, below is my vegan soap, which unfortunately looks like it has a slab of raw meat in it. :goodbye1:

1631895604436.png

So the base that I masterbatch has tallow and lard in it. (Hubby's favorite) I use goatmilk powder in the oils and silk in my lye. I haven't tried adding honey to CP yet.

But, for Christmas gifts, I try and make a batch or two of vegan soap, since a couple of my neighbors are vegan.

So, below is my vegan soap, which unfortunately looks like it has a slab of raw meat in it. :goodbye1:

View attachment 60946
:rolling: That literally made me LOL

1. Not sure if this is a disadvantage. I bet there are enough “gnah, soap – but when it looks like MEAT, then I'll buy it!” folks out there.
  2. That's why, without doubt, level-up of the challenge would be vegan meat soap! (That also means no cochineal/carmine)
  3. Technically, the current challenge is already about meat soap: make soap look like an animal (with or without roadkill damage).

Personally, I really dislike 'meat' soap. Of course I have unintentionally made it, but to use a Rose FO and end up with soap that looks like bacon is really very disappointing. So I've pretty much given up on red and pink swirls in soap that have any Flower scent, especially for a Rose FO, because it has happened too many times. I'd rather have a yellow rose soap than have to look at bacon-slice soap.

Latest posts

Back