uniform bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
ok, so I'm sorry to be monopolizing the forum today, but I have one more question

ok, so... I've been cutting my bars free hand with a knife. I LOVE the rustic uneven not always square look. It really accentuates the rustic feel of some of my most natural ingredient soaps, however, I think I need to add a bit of polish and start making more uniform bars (though I'll still hand cut the hippie treehugger type soaps)

what's the easiest, fastest, cheapest, and bestest way to get uniform bars?

You should buy a cutter..

The Tank is located at For Crafts Sake (also have the hobbyist)
and Ye Olde Soap Shoppe has a cutter set that I like.

U huh! You need a cutter. I have Pauls log cutter. It includes a straight blade & a crinkle blade, so I cut one side with the crinkle cutter & the other with the flat cutter, then I stamp the flat side.

My bars are all the same thickness now. :D

mandolyn said:
U huh! You need a cutter. I have Pauls log cutter. It includes a straight blade & a crinkle blade, so I cut one side with the crinkle cutter & the other with the flat cutter, then I stamp the flat side.

My bars are all the same thickness now. :D

That is such a cool idea! 8) :idea: I have not thought about trying that. I'll give it a try and see what it looks like with my stamp. Thanks Mandolyn. :wink: 8)

Paul

Just got back from home Depot, I spent $15.00 and got a deep miterbox and a steel tapeknife. works for me, until I'm making enough soap to be able to afford something more efficient.

WilsonFamilyPicnic said:
paul, start building one of those 8 bar wire cutters for me! that's my wedding gift from my maid of honor!!!!!!!!!!!

You got it! I'll get one started this week. :) 8) You are going to love it!

Until it arrives;
DSCF3164.jpg

DSCF3165.jpg

DSCF3167.jpg

DSCF3166.jpg

Paul

I ordered one of Paul's awsome cutters and I can't wait to get it!!! [insert drool icon here]

Thank you guys! Don't forget, one lucky Tennessee Soap & Candle attendee will win a TOG 8 Wire Log Cutter just like this one!
I have been making these all day today as I have 5 or 6 ordered, and several to take with me to the TN Gathering.
I'm very proud of the is cutter and design. I guarantee it to be stronger structurally, same stainless steel wires, same tuning keys to tighten the wires, but stronger than my competitors whose is prices twice as much.

Paul

Back