Ungelled Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden_seal

Reaction score
I made my first CP soap last night and froze it to prevent gelling. It was frozen for around 12 hours and now it's sitting on my counter. When do you unmold it? This one was with coconut milk and I want to try the same thing with GM soaps tonight so I'm hoping to be able to use the mold again. Up until yesterday I had only done HP soaps so this is new

Last edited:
I just made the same mistake last week. First ungelled soap, cut after 24 hrs out of the freezer and it was still way too soft. I plan to give my next one from the freezer 3 days before trying to cut.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean you can't unmold if you can slide the freezer/parchment paper out. Mine was strong enough to hold it's shape, but was crumbling when I tried to cut it.

Yeah I want to try the GM soaps ungelled when my kids go to bed tonight so maybe I will take it out of the mold and leave it sit for another couple days. I know it's still pretty soft.

I put my GM in the frig overnight, not the freezer and find that they firm a little while in there, then I take them out the next morning, unmould (mine are wooden moulds), then they sit for 1 - 2 days, then I cut.

They are definitely too soft to cut straight out of the frig, I've never had any problems doing it this way and they have all turned great from the beginning.

It seems to have not gelled so far. I actually tried to cut a piece before posting this thread so I'm taking a picture from the cut end. It's still extremely soft.

My first CP soap in general and my first coconut milk soaps. can't wait until it's finished curing to try it out.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1447810388.980752.jpg

Back