Unexpected changes when you move!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved from Northern California to the Caribbean. I ended up completely reformulating my "go-to" shea butter formula because the percentages that worked like a charm there do not work here; whether it's the heat, the humidity, the trade winds or the constellations, I'll never know. But then again, the reformulating spurred me into developing a soleseife (there's some history for those here, considering about everybody and their brother in Europe owned these islands at one time or another), and that spurred me into experimenting with new techniques. It's a bumpy ride but worth it. :)

As far as probes go, I want a digital thermometer that can take some heat. I'm not a CPOP soaper, I don't plan on starting that but your suggestion would be great for other projects.

Probe on a cable is good to 400 F. After that it turns into a clock that says it's time to replace the probe. I use them at work for years and on occasion someone would get an oven just a little too hot.:oops:
I learned about the too hot thing from him.
:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back