Uneven Bubble Candle Tops

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoziesCandles

Reaction score
I’ve been making bubble candles using a silicone mold recently. I have noticed though that every time the top of the candle (technically bottom of the silicone mold when it is being filled with wax) comes out uneven almost with indents on the top bubbles. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am not sure if it is my mold or the way I am doing it

Attachments

• 66A7C695-6987-46E5-8745-C148D8F69DCD.jpeg
    66A7C695-6987-46E5-8745-C148D8F69DCD.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 21
Hi there! Candles I know :)
Not sure what it is that you are considering the issue? Are there indents on the right hand side? Not sure what I should be looking at?
If you could maybe circle a spot on the picture?

Questions - What wax are you using? I can usually tell from the picture....I am guessing paraffin?
If it is paraffin and those are depressions then the reason is that the candle is contracting. Paraffin contracts a lot. Especially the higher the melt point. What you would do is
  1. Make sure not to get too much air in your wax
  2. warm the mold before pouring
  3. pound the mold to release air pockets
  4. cool slowly
  5. do poke and repours
That should solve paraffin issues

If it is soy a good pounding and a little poking as it sets up should help a lot. LOL, basically the same things as paraffin. Just not as intense.

Hi there! Candles I know :)
Not sure what it is that you are considering the issue? Are there indents on the right hand side? Not sure what I should be looking at?
If you could maybe circle a spot on the picture?

Questions - What wax are you using? I can usually tell from the picture....I am guessing paraffin?
If it is paraffin and those are depressions then the reason is that the candle is contracting. Paraffin contracts a lot. Especially the higher the melt point. What you would do is
  1. Make sure not to get too much air in your wax
  2. warm the mold before pouring
  3. pound the mold to release air pockets
  4. cool slowly
  5. do poke and repours
That should solve paraffin issues

If it is soy a good pounding and a little poking as it sets up should help a lot. LOL, basically the same things as paraffin. Just not as intense.
Thank you! I actually tried a different wax and put it on a softer surface and it came out much better.

I saw in another post that you used soy. I have to say that it would be very strange for soy to indent like that. Although I do see "tear" marks on the surface that look like soy. The "tear" is what soy usually does. It doesn't usually make a clean looking "fold". So I am totally wondering what the precise wax was that you were using....

Back