underarms sticky?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention even my unfragranced uncolored soap bothers my sensitive areas and these are completely aged soaps. I even feel like a traitor when I use my :evil: dial bar. But one has to do what one has to do
Now I'm really curious! What could there possibly be in yours that's not in Dial? The unsaponifiables, maybe.

I even feel like a traitor when I use my :evil: dial bar. But one has to do what one has to do

I was just trying to be funny since he said that he's using it until his new batch finished curing. But you are 100% absolutely right, not everyone can use handmade soap...I feel horrible when I forget to take some handmade soap with me on trips...even though some of the people have nice scented body washes that I used to love...like the Soap Police are going to come get me or something!

Great debate you'll have going on, thanks for this great info.
Correct, the stickiness was ONLY under the underarms, not on other parts of the body nor at other creases of the body. And like Lindy said, the stickiness must have stopped because of the reapplied antiperspirant.

It's good to hear, I can keep using the goat milk by increasing the coconut oil. Thanks lindy, osbidian and hellogorgeous for this confirmation. I enjoy the creamy soap goat milk gives.

Last edited:
Do you use a plastic poof/luffa at all, or are you applying the bar right to your skin? As mentioned, a gentle abrasion can help remove the antiperspirant better.

Great debate you'll have going on, thanks for this great info.
But you still haven't given us the info on what's in that antiperspirant.
Correct, the stickiness was ONLY under the underarms, not on other parts of the body nor at other creases of the body. And like Lindy said, the stickiness must have stopped because of the reapplied antiperspirant.
So, if I have the sequence of events right, you wash, rinse, and dry your armpits, and then they immediately feel sticky, and then you apply antiperspirant and they immediately stop feeling sticky?

That would seem to rule out the hypotheses that've been put out here. If applying more antiperspirant stops the stickiness, then the stickiness couldn't be from either failure to wash out antiperspirant (soap not strong enough) or a product of soap residue's coming into contact with the antiperspirant.

Could you try something else? Tonight instead of using either Lever 2000 or goat milk soap, try using no soap on your armpits at all, and do everything else the same. Also try rubbing the antiperspirant into each soap and feeling the product.

But you still haven't given us the info on what's in that antiperspirant.

The text is too small on the container. The only ingredients I found on the web was from Amazon.
Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY (18.2%)

Could you try something else? Tonight instead of using either Lever 2000 or goat milk soap, try using no soap on your armpits at all, and do everything else the same. Also try rubbing the antiperspirant into each soap and feeling the product.

I'm sorry, I can't try this. I have OCD, this is why I don't put antiperspirant on at night. I don't want the antiperspirant to get in my bed when I sleep. I put the antiperspirant on in the morning.

You might try mixing equal amounts of distilled water and vodka with an essential oil. Use this after your shower to clean arm pits.

I'm sorry, I can't try this. I have OCD, this is why I don't put antiperspirant on at night. I don't want the antiperspirant to get in my bed when I sleep. I put the antiperspirant on in the morning.

Ha! Too funny. I'm the same way. Have to put it on in the morning. ;)

Back