Underarm irritation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh just the normal engagement and wedding band. My engagement ring is a band with diamonds, not a solitaire, so I think that why I say rings plural. It’s a wider band as well which makes for lots of room for irritated, itchy skin. Ugh. I think I’m gonna try painting clear nail polish on the inside and cross my fingers. I hate not wearing it.
I hope the nail varnish works for you.

I don't know how old you are, but I noticed after menopause I had to make changes...personal care products, diet, even my earrings because my body chemistry had changed. I can't wear waterproof mascara at all, I can wear one brand of regular mascara for a couple hours. And I can wear false eyelashes without issue. I used to wear all different kinds of colognes and perfumes every day...now I'm done to only one and it's expensive enough that I only wear it on special occasions (a bottle will last me five years). I can't tell you how many times I have had to change shampoo and conditioner. I can't eat green onions or green pepper....cooked or raw. Can't eat radishes and I have to be careful of cucumbers. Makes for some boring salads. Lately I've been struggling with bras...I've gone through several different brands over the last two years, underwire/no underwire because my current one are no longer available and are literally starting to far apart. I always check for fit in the store, I wash with mild soap and air dry and within one to two days I can't wear them or any bra for a few days because I have what look like chemical burns under my breasts. And I've changed the soaps or used no soap...still have problems. So now I'm having to check fabric content 'cuz this gal ain't going out in public without an over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder.
I empathize. During my youth I went through periods of bralessness and periods of extreme support, plus periods of excessively restrictive or overly racy lingerie. But with advanced age, I have found that I don't really like 'foundation' garments at all! I prefer the much more comfortable-for-me braless option. Every few years, I seem to think there still might be a comfortable supportive bra out there, and go out and spend money only to conclude after a few wearings, there simply are no bras available that provide any comfort, with or without. So camisoles continue to be my undergarment of choice. Sure there is that under-breast-sweat issue in extreme heat, but I'd rather deal with that than the restriction that bras create. Hey at my age, who's really looking anyway? If they don't like it, too bad, it's my body and I am the only person who gets to decide what I do with it.

@fjura, perhaps it is wedding ring dermatitis? Have you cleaned the rings recently? If that did not help, have you discussed with your doctor? It may be something like described here: What Is 'Wedding Ring Rash' and How Is It Treated?

I empathize. During my youth I went through periods of bralessness and periods of extreme support, plus periods of excessively restrictive or overly racy lingerie. But with advanced age, I have found that I don't really like 'foundation' garments at all! I prefer the much more comfortable-for-me braless option. Every few years, I seem to think there still might be a comfortable supportive bra out there, and go out and spend money only to conclude after a few wearings, there simply are no bras available that provide any comfort, with or without. So camisoles continue to be my undergarment of choice. Sure there is that under-breast-sweat issue in extreme heat, but I'd rather deal with that than the restriction that bras create. Hey at my age, who's really looking anyway? If they don't like it, too bad, it's my body and I am the only person who gets to decide what I do with it.

@fjura, perhaps it is wedding ring dermatitis? Have you cleaned the rings recently? If that did not help, have you discussed with your doctor? It may be something like described here: What Is 'Wedding Ring Rash' and How Is It Treated?
I think that’s exactly what it is. I clean them regularly but have read about nickel allergies and am thinking that’s what’s going on.

I think that’s exactly what it is. I clean them regularly but have read about nickel allergies and am thinking that’s what’s going on.

I have a "wedding ring dermititis" problem, too. I wear rubber gloves while washing my dishes. Before bed, I remove my rings, wash my hands and apply a good moisturizer (lately it's a homemade lotion bar) before putting them back on. Even so, sometimes the skin just needs a break and the rings go back in the jewelry chest for a day or two. Or on a chain around my neck.

I have a "wedding ring dermititis" problem, too. I wear rubber gloves while washing my dishes. Before bed, I remove my rings, wash my hands and apply a good moisturizer (lately it's a homemade lotion bar) before putting them back on. Even so, sometimes the skin just needs a break and the rings go back in the jewelry chest for a day or two. Or on a chain around my neck.
😞

I have always removed my rings when I come home. They live on a ring holder when I am not wearing them. However, as I got older and my fingers got skinnier, my wedding rings started falling off, so I don't wear them anymore at all. Actually I stopped wearing the engagement ring a long time ago because it would catch on things and hurt my finger or damage the ring. That one lives in it's original jewelry case.

Hubby's ring recently fell off his hand (same thing, thinning fingers) and I suggested we buy new ones, but he found his after a day and thought no need to replace them. So I just don't wear mine anymore because I don't want it to get lost. I used to wear his mother's wedding band, but it started falling off too, so now I almost never wear rings. The last ring I bought while in Italy fell off when I took off my gloves and I never did find it. So my hands will just have to live unadorned. 💍

Hi! I haven’t used deodorant for 14 years. I decided to use diluted white vinegar under my armpits for 2 weeks. I applied it twice a day. After that, there was no longer a need. No smell nor irritation. Baking soda can cause small abrasions so I don’t recommend. Give it a try and I’m
sure that you, too, will be amazed! Most parts of the world do not used deodorants and find it quite strange that we do. Hope this helps! Blessings!

Hi! I haven’t used deodorant for 14 years. I decided to use diluted white vinegar under my armpits for 2 weeks. I applied it twice a day. After that, there was no longer a need. No smell nor irritation. Baking soda can cause small abrasions so I don’t recommend. Give it a try and I’m
sure that you, too, will be amazed! Most parts of the world do not used deodorants and find it quite strange that we do. Hope this helps! Blessings!
Very interesting! Do you remember the dilution ratio?

This is interesting. How do you apply it? With a spray? On a washcloth?

I am not a fan of deodorant at all. I have a spare one that I apply once in a while, because well, I live in Florida and I'm starting menopause. I should probably replace it because it is literally two or three years old LOL.

Although I did try that Lume. It smelled good. I bought a three-pack because it was on sale on their website. I figured it was natural so why not. I have never really done any research on deodorant because I hardly ever wear it. After wearing it for a few days I developed a reaction. I was in the shower one day and scrubbed da pits, and noticed that they were peeling. By the time I got to work they were so irritated...I took my shirt off in the bathroom and they were all peeled and red and raw. Very uncomfortable for the rest of the day... I kept holding my shirt up under my armpits to keep the skin from sticking together...Think Saturday Night Live with the girl that nervously sticks her hands under her armpits and smells them after LOL.

I don't know if it was because I am going through the change, or if it was something in the product. I'm kind of an allergic person to begin with. But my stick of Dove never did that to me.

I am not a fan of deodorant at all. I have a spare one that I apply once in a while, because well, I live in Florida and I'm starting menopause. I should probably replace it because it is literally two or three years old LOL.

Although I did try that Lume. It smelled good. I bought a three-pack because it was on sale on their website. I figured it was natural so why not. I have never really done any research on deodorant because I hardly ever wear it. After wearing it for a few days I developed a reaction. I was in the shower one day and scrubbed da pits, and noticed that they were peeling. By the time I got to work they were so irritated...I took my shirt off in the bathroom and they were all peeled and red and raw. Very uncomfortable for the rest of the day... I kept holding my shirt up under my armpits to keep the skin from sticking together...Think Saturday Night Live with the girl that nervously sticks her hands under her armpits and smells them after LOL.

I don't know if it was because I am going through the change, or if it was something in the product. I'm kind of an allergic person to begin with. But my stick of Dove never did that to me.
That is miserable. I am guessing it is the fragrance or eo they used in the deo stick. My deosticks will do that to me if I use fragrance or eo in mine now so as mentioned in an earlier I use mine unfragranced and it still works wonderfully. There is nothing exciting in Lume products. I am not even sure what they are using for their active odor control ingredients. In the de funk the pits thread the babassu/magnesium hydroxide combination tends to be the active ingredient that works together to keep the odor bacteria under control. Over the progress of time, I added in one other ingredient that also seemed to boost the odor control, but the babassu/mag is still my main ingredient.

I absolutely agree about the baking soda. My deodorant recipe contains arrowroot powder and cornstarch, or i will use aloe powder or hibiscus powder mixed in with the arrowroot. Spearmint powder, clays are also great for wetness, and providing scent. I also use candilla wax and zinc ricnoleat( im sure i spelled that wrong lol) sometimes ill add glycerin and everything comes together nicely in the deodorant tubes. My biggest seller.

Latest posts

Back