Unasked for advice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to add an update!

The shower was a success! The maid-of-honor did a great job during a pandemic. She bought little cups in interesting shapes and filled each with different food items, so there were individual servings of everything. Because they were all in "fancy" plastic cups, and arranged attractively, it felt very sophisticated. The far-flung friends and relations attended via zoom. The clever M-o-H (a teacher) even found a way for them to participate in the games.

Anyway, the gifts:
As I said in the original post, we gave her a basket of things we bought off her registry and labelled it, "Things you asked for."

In the "Things you didn't ask for" basket, I put things I use all the time, but never would have asked for, some were inspired by all of your ideas: Duct and masking tapes, vise grips, a good apron... As well as some silly things: tacky novelty S&P shakers, a gnome Christmas ornament that looks like them, and a list of useful YouTube channels (DIY repair, etc).

The random advice was very random and ranged from practical everyday stuff to relationship advice.

Thanks for your help, gang. I'll see if I can find a picture.... There. L-R: Omni, KMO, and Aura.

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_230728980.jpg
    IMG_20210519_230728980.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 14
Back