Un-scary bat soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found some cute little silicone bat molds at Michael's and had to buy them for M&P toppers. Definitely happy bats not scary ones, they are smiling! Scented with Hot Apple Pie FO from BB, all micas from Nurture.

1474940332210.jpg

1474940341613.jpg

1474940349757.jpg

That's some nice soap! And cute smiley bats!

Did you use AC for the black, then add more uncolored soap as you went up?

No AC in this batch just micas. Starting with the bottom layer I used Black Pearl, Black Onyx Flare, Neutral Gray and Super Sparkles with a bit of TD for the top layer. The FO was a BB surplus item that had mixed reviews as far as using in CP but I'm a rebel so I took a chance. Ended up bringing the batter to emulsion, dividing and coloring before adding the FO in case it decided to misbehave. I added the FO and blended by hand right before pouring each layer . . . the soap gods must have been pleased with this approach because it almost seemed to thin the batter enough to get a fluid pour! I'm just hoping the top layer doesn't discolor because the FO contains a teensy bit of vanilla.

They look great! I love the gradient layers.

Thanks! I also found this cute mold at Michaels when I bought the bat mold. It totally failed for bath bombs but I have new inspiration after seeing your cute little ribbon pour car. Also got an awesome sugar skull mold so need to get cracking on a 'Day of the Dead' soap.

1475022174028.jpg

1475022267468.jpg

Latest posts

Back