ummm what the heck happened to the board?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: now i know *I* didnt do it! i have had my hands full accidentally destroying my kitchen sink. i had no time to run covert missions of message board shenanigans! it was you CB, you can't fool us!

krissy said:
:lol: now i know *I* didnt do it! i have had my hands full accidentally destroying my kitchen sink. i had no time to run covert missions of message board shenanigans! it was you CB, you can't fool us!

How about I redirect and ask you to explain the sink thing...

the kids were washing dishes while i was making soap (downstairs). i finished with my soap making and then went to clean up. i noticed there was water on my floor in front of the sink. i opened up the cupboard door an there was about an inch of water under the sink. so i started pulling everything out of the cupboard to see where the water was coming from and when i bumped the pipes with a large jar of liquid soap i was picking up, the entire pipe and strainer basket popped up through the sink and a piece of the sink drain fell off.

i think the seal that keeps the water in the sink until you pull the plug was gone because all the water from washing the dishes was under the sink instead of down the drain. what's worse is repair guy wont come until monday and i have company coming tuesday :evil:

crap. I'll send my BF over. He can do anything.

he says that he wont... BUT that you busted a nut (LOL) probably and that you need to go to home depot and get a sink strainer kit and a thing of plumbers putty. Apparently the strainer kit comes with instructions... And it's apparently easy peasy. The only tool you need is large channel locks (kinda like pliers).

If the nut isn't broken you could possibly screw it back in...

there is apparently one standard size.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3tB34H-Q84"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3tB34H-Q84[/ame]

[at most you need the strainer kit, a sink tail piece (goes from the strainer to the trap) and maybe a trap. If it's white plastic get a plastic tail piece, if metal, get a silver one. the trap is the u-shaped pipe.

if the tail piece is broken then you will need a new one and may need to cut it - for which you need a hacksaw. it's not hard, since it will all just screws together anyway.]

I kinda like the blue. But I did have moment of did I gho wrong place on web? Has been known to happen once in a while LOL.

I didn't even see this discussion and I posted a message about the new look. I like it! I find it easier to read, too.

Hey carebear! While you're poking around, can you add some new emoticons? Pretty please. :D

Not sure if I like it yet :? , its a bit bright and I don't like all the wiggles. Think I really like the old one. :)

I'm loving this new look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So easy to read ... clean and clear! Wow ... it looks a lot like I'd like my soap to be! Love the colour ... calm and calming! Yah!!!

Please keep it like this! Please ... Please ... Please ...

Sillysoap the wiggles are the little 'New Post' icons for the most popular new posts ... it doesn't really matter that much, as you can only see them when you're looking at a list of the threads.

I love it. Makes reading for the these old eyes much easier

Bubbles Galore said:
This is the "default" colouring provided by phpbb. I find it quite easy on the eye and nothing is wiggling for me.

True, these are the default settings. Our custom setting have come unplugged somehow. It would have to be done by someone w/ access to the server, the site developer, etc.

Back