Um, any advice for treating lips and tongue that have been burned by soap batter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing that story, Fig. Once I recognized the beneficial qualities of each ingredient, I think I need to make some to have on hand for future burns.
Blend contained; essential oils of carrot seed, chamomile, lavender, and frankincense in a base of: 40% calendula oil, 40% comfrey oil and 20% wheatgerm oil. Applied this four times today, washing burnt areas first with aloe vera juice.

You are all so awesome for posting your recommendations. Thank you for those and also your kind words about the soap :)

I ended up using Neosporin Lip Health Overnight, which is mostly vaseline, and the burning and swelling was pretty much gone in the morning. Now, it's like it never happened. I did rinse the heck out of it with cool water afterwards so maybe that had something to do with the quick heal.

So good you are better now! I never realized Neosporin had one for the lips! Will check on that. I knew Vaseline would work.

Now, it's like it never happened. I did rinse the heck out of it with cool water afterwards so maybe that had something to do with the quick heal.
That's great! I was truly worried you would end up with a scar. Good thinking on your part. Funny, we keep a small tube of Neosporin in the fridge to put on cuts and stuff -- force of habit after raising so many kids with scraped knees, elbows, chins, and on, and on, and on. Never thought to try it for burns. Good to know.

It's not the one in the yellow tube. It's in a little white pot. This one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055OLROE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

My whole family uses it on our lips at night because we get so darn chapped here in Colorado. I just slathered it on non stop instead of just using it at night like I normally do. It worked great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back