Ultimate Guide to Liquid Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just bought and DL'd this e-book. I'm excited to go through it.......but am I really going to have to enter a password every time I want to open it? There's no way I'll ever remember what it is. It's super annoying!!
I know. That's the one thing I didn't like. One suggestion they have is to rename your file as the password. So, for instance, if the password is 123LiquidSoap (it isn't), that's what you would name the file.

That's a good idea, @Misschief! I am old school, so I printed out a hard copy, to facilitate flipping back and forth between sections, as well as bookmarking/tabbing reference points that I always end up re-reading. But I do occasionally pull up her ebooks (I have all three of them), so I keep the password in a note. But renaming the file with the password as part of the name would be so much simpler. Headed off to do that now... :goodbye1:

That's a good idea, @Misschief! I am old school, so I printed out a hard copy, to facilitate flipping back and forth between sections, as well as bookmarking/tabbing reference points that I always end up re-reading. But I do occasionally pull up her ebooks (I have all three of them), so I keep the password in a note. But renaming the file with the password as part of the name would be so much simpler. Headed off to do that now... :goodbye1:
I printed out a copy as well. I retain better from a printed page than I do from an electronic screen. I guess that makes me old school as well.

I printed out a copy as well. I retain better from a printed page than I do from an electronic screen. I guess that makes me old school as well.
I'm old school, too. I learn far better from information I can hold in my hand and put sticky notes and pencil notes all over. And that allows me to tweak as I go and know what I did last time.

I am so glad to know I am not the only one that would rather have a book in their hand instead of on an electronic item. I have her cold process ebook and gave up reading it because it an ebook.
I don't mind ebooks for reading but I find I retain it better from a hard copy. As well, it's harder to flip back and forth between sections in an ebook. I'd like the ability to add my own bookmarks to the file and, even though I have a pro pdf reader (Nitro Pro), it won't let me.

@Misschief I use Acrobat (the free version) on my iPad and I’m able to annotate with the Apple Pencil. It’s helpful because I like to be able to hand write notes.
Oh, I can make notes. Don't get me wrong. In a document of this size, though, I'd like to put bookmarks. Little thing. That's why I printed it. Now I can use post-it tabs to mark spots I refer to often.

So I just bought and DL'd this e-book. I'm excited to go through it.......but am I really going to have to enter a password every time I want to open it? There's no way I'll ever remember what it is. It's super annoying!!
If you use a computer and google, you can choose to save your username and password. It should automatically pop-up when you go to sign in

I also have a copy of her book, but I use “Caliber E-book,” (it’s free online) to convert the PDF to Epub format and I no longer have to use the password. Caliber E-book, also has a reader, and manages all of my ebooks. calibre - E-book management
Agree. Caliber is an excellent program. It’s free. However voluntary donations as affordable are welcome to keep the program updated and available to all.

Back