UK supplier for red mica please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babyshoes

Reaction score
Hi folks, having created a couple of "beautiful" meaty pink soaps (thankfully no white swirls or is have bacon soap,) using different reds that look lovely in the tub, I'm after suggestions for a UK supplier (and colour name) for a red that goes *actually* red in soap...

I went to get you this thread but then I saw you were already on it ;)

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/can-i-get-the-mad-micas-red-set-in-europe.83433/
The micamoma rock star red gave me a decent result in the end, but they did some shenanigans with pricing that makes me disinclined to order from them again... On the other hand if you're inside the UK they're probably less likely to do creative accounting.
Thank you, I seem to recall seeing that thread but forgot what the conclusion was, I'll take another look.

The micamoma rock star red gave me a decent result in the end, but they did some shenanigans with pricing that makes me disinclined to order from them again... On the other hand if you're inside the UK they're probably less likely to do creative accounting.

Don't know about creative accounting, but they seem to be seriously overcharging for postage, imho! £5 postage for a £7 pot of mica that could fit in a padded envelope, which would cost under £2 via royal mail if it was thin enough to go large letter, or £3.20 for a small parcel under 100g.

I have a nice red from TSK. It is a bit terracotta-ish rather than a true red but it does me fine

20210812_170726.jpg

Back