UK MSDS question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope@12

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question about tracking down the MSDS/SDS for goats milk. I am using the Co-op’s fresh goats milk and plan to start submitting my cspr’s shortly but can‘t find the relevant MSDS. I have contacted the maker (Delamere Diary) but no luck with any response so far. I also tried the links from a previous post by DeeAnna but cannot for the life of me cannot work out how to find what I need. I am in the UK so any advice of what documents I need for goats milk as part of my cspr would really help.

If you use an ingredient that is bought from a supermarket and is food grade (olive oil, coconut oil, goats milk etc) then you don't need an MSDS for your assessment but you do need one for your Product Information File. You can make one up yourself. You need to keep track of the product name, manufacturer and batch codes etc on your batch records. Check with the safety assessor you plan to use as I believe some like to see a photo of the ingredient in its packaging. There are soaping groups on Facebook you can join that are specifically about UK regulations:thumbs:

If you use an ingredient that is bought from a supermarket and is food grade (olive oil, coconut oil, goats milk etc) then you don't need an MSDS for your assessment but you do need one for your Product Information File. You can make one up yourself. You need to keep track of the product name, manufacturer and batch codes etc on your batch records. Check with the safety assessor you plan to use as I believe some like to see a photo of the ingredient in its packaging. There are soaping groups on Facebook you can join that are specifically about UK regulations:thumbs:
Thank you so much SeaSuds, that helps me enormously👌There is more to think about than you think when first setting out. My heads in a spin but loving it and can’t wait to start selling.

Latest posts

Back