UK gift packaging for soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RomanyStar

Reaction score
I plan to give my soaps as free gifts with something else that I do. But I need a way of boxing them to send them, it'll be within the UK only. Looking for a UK seller so I don't have to wait weeks for delivery, but would consider abroad if the price is reasonable. Where does everyone get their boxes/packaging from?

I make my own gift boxes. Try garden centres for organza bags.
There are plenty of cheap boxes and organaza bag suppliers on ebay and Amazon, but most are from China and take ages to arrive.

Sorry - that's not much help, is it?

Yes I have a feeling that even though you are giving soap away it still needs to be safety assessed - I vaguely remember reading something similar but I cant for the life of me remember where!

As far as boxes are concerned, eBay is is probably the easiest unless you are looking at thousands!

I think lilyjo is right. Certification is about safety of the product. Whether you sell it or give it away is irrelevent. Giving to friends might be different, but I rather think, that if it came to it, a court would take a dim view of someone trying to get around rules and regs in this fairly simplistic fashion. Otherwise everyone would be doing it. Even if it's "free", its still part of a retail package of goods you are exchanging for money. You could still potentially injure someone with a bad product and without certification or insurance you would be in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey
I would love to suggest you really amazing packaging boxes for your soap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back