UK: CPSRs and Embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyRoo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please may I check to see how CPSRs work in relation to embeds? Currently I am only making soap for myself, so this isn't really an important point, but I want to get CPSRs done so I want to find out how this works.

At the moment, I have my recipe which contains more batter than my mould can hold. Generally I then use the excess to put piping on the top. What I'd like to do is start creating some embeds to sit on top which would obviously be made in advance... but how does this all work from a CPSR perspective?

Should I submit a CPSR recipe that allows me to make all the frosting / embeds on top and then if I don't need that much batter for my other recipes, just scale it down?

I'm confused!! Help!

Cheers,
Andy

If I recall, the recipes are based on % rather than a set number of grams. If you make 10kilos or 100g of the recipe, the data is the same.

If your embeds are not changing the recipe, there's no issue. But things like scents and colours are covered, so you'll have to bear that in mind

If I recall, the recipes are based on % rather than a set number of grams. If you make 10kilos or 100g of the recipe, the data is the same.

If your embeds are not changing the recipe, there's no issue. But things like scents and colours are covered, so you'll have to bear that in mind

In the UK (unless I am misunderstanding), when you submit a CPSR, it's all based on weights, but it makes the assumption that all soaps you make are the same weight - because everything about that soap has to come out of the same recipe. So while you can scale the recipe up and down once approved, for the purpose of getting it approved, you have to use the same proportional ratios for all soaps being submitted.

Which is where I get a little confused.

the same applies - if the embeds are the same soap as the actual soap (but of course they are usually a different colour, which is a consideration for you here) you can hand in an example of a 1kg batch and for each 1% use 10g

Latest posts

Back