Ugh. One of those evenings

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
Do you ever have those evenings where you are almost literally bored to tears?

I am the only one in the house at the moment, which is usually pretty sweet. I love my family but I'm also almost too good at being by myself. I have a million in one things I could do. Like work on my website, work on making shirts for the fair that starts the 14th, make soap, work on my soap label, read one of my stack of books that needs read, and on and on.

But instead I may end up getting my daily step goal in on my Fitbit by simply wandering from room to room looking for...what? Can't settle at my computer, don't want to go for a walk, tried to play video games but don't have the attention span for that either. Hungry, stomach's growling and need to eat, but can't be arsed to do that either. I can't figure out what on earth I want and it's way too early for me to do what I usually do when this happens, which is to give up and go to bed.

All I can figure is it's because I need to make a decision regarding a major purchase (new truck) and I just can't settle. Urgh.

If you have a car, suck it up and go for a drive. If you live in an area where you can walk to some place and that place is open now, suck it up and go for a walk. If you have a PS3 or 4 and are slightly interested- I recommend Child of Light unless you have it. It's a short game but it's nice for what it is. Or if you have access to Netflix, if it's still there, I recommend Wakfu. I laughed myself silly watching that show and given you have everyone's favorite uncle as your avi, you might find it interesting.

If you have a car, suck it up and go for a drive. If you live in an area where you can walk to some place and that place is open now, suck it up and go for a walk. If you have a PS3 or 4 and are slightly interested- I recommend Child of Light unless you have it. It's a short game but it's nice for what it is. Or if you have access to Netflix, if it's still there, I recommend Wakfu. I laughed myself silly watching that show and given you have everyone's favorite uncle as your avi, you might find it interesting.

LOL, that's also part of the problem. If I lived less than half an hour from a theater, I'd probably go watch Ghostbusters or something. I don't have a PS3 or 4 and my internet is a Verizon Mobile Hotspot with a 10gig data limit per month. So I can surf the web just fine, but watching too many videos and streaming anything is out of the question.

So for now I've given up and put in a Harry Potter movie for something to listen to.

Ok then. Seems like you made a decision. I'll continue looking through kindle books in hopes of finding a nice book without a lot of adult language. I could finish Anansi Boys or something but I don't feel like it. I wanna veg or play a game or even stream Strange Tales of Liao Zhai or Dong Yi again.

My solution to that situation is usually to go play a bargaining game with myself. Like this:

What I need to do: Research new vehicle.

What I want to do: Nothing.

What I do: If I look at this dealership's stock list online, I can then treat myself to chocolate. (Or whatever guilty pleasure you want.)

Ok then. Seems like you made a decision. I'll continue looking through kindle books in hopes of finding a nice book without a lot of adult language. I could finish Anansi Boys or something but I don't feel like it. I wanna veg or play a game or even stream Strange Tales of Liao Zhai or Dong Yi again.

Well, I'd recommend Sand of Bone by Blair McGregor, but there is some adult language there. What about Her Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik? Have you read any of the Temeraire novels?

Well, I'd recommend Sand of Bone by Blair McGregor, but there is some adult language there. What about Her Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik? Have you read any of the Temeraire novels?

I'm just trying to get back into the habit. The last novel I started was Anansi Boys. The first book is piquing my interest a bit but the latter not so much. Thanks for the suggestions.

Having retired about a year ago, I'm lucky enough not to have been bored yet. The luxury of time has given me the opportunity to read without feeling guilty that I should be doing something "more productive". I have a Kindle, but I still love the feel of a real book in my hands, so I've been ordering used books from Amazon. I've always loved to travel and to read about travel, and also stories about survival. So when I recently watched "Tracks" on Netflix, a movie about the true story of Robyn Davidson, a young Australian woman who trekked across Australia in 1977, with four camels and her dog, Diggity, I couldn't get to Amazon fast enough to order the book so that I could read about the trip in her own words. She's a fascinating character, if you'd like to read some excerpts from her book to see it it might interest you, you can do that here. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...02/Tracks-The-true-story-behind-the-film.html Her story was covered in National Geographic magazine, and the photographer who intermittently followed her, Rick Smolan, did a funny and fascinating TED talk about the experience, here. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUrSrhANJpU[/ame] Not sure what your taste in books is like, but I can't wait for my copy to arrive so that I can settle down on the porch, late in the afternoon when it cools off a bit, and dive in! I hope you find something, too. :)

^^^ That movie was so fascinating! After watching it I did some research about feral camels in Australia, because who ever heard of such a thing? And then I posted something about it on my Facebook, and I have a friend who has lived her entire life in Australia and didn't even know they had a feral camel herd. I'll need to know how her book is, please! :)

^^^ That movie was so fascinating! After watching it I did some research about feral camels in Australia, because who ever heard of such a thing? And then I posted something about it on my Facebook, and I have a friend who has lived her entire life in Australia and didn't even know they had a feral camel herd. I'll need to know how her book is, please! :)

Because it's a used book, it's not coming 2 day Prime, so I'm not sure exactly how long it will take to get here. If I forget to come back and let you know what I think, and I probably will, feel free to give me an elbow. :D

I you have a kindle fire you can download lots of books from your local library and even other libraries throughout the country.

The result of all of my restless pacing last weekend.

13892130_10209680435024593_8566844496565715219_n.jpg

I was so wrung out afterward last night. I still kind of am, but doing better than I was.

The result of all of my restless pacing last weekend.

13892130_10209680435024593_8566844496565715219_n.jpg

I was so wrung out afterward last night. I still kind of am, but doing better than I was.

Love it, it's really smart!

Nice ride Rusti! Just tell yourself how many more soap supplies you can load in the new wheels vs the Mustang and that should settle your nerves :)

Heh, that kind of was on the back of my mind, what if I started selling soap and going to craft fairs, how in the heck was I going to get tables and supplies and stock to and from? But honestly I just wanted a truck again and the Ranger (which is what I had before the Mustang) isn't back in the US yet. So, lumbering beast it was.

Latest posts

Back