Ugeauxgirl's soaps 2022

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugeauxgirl

Reaction score
PXL_20220118_232944800.jpg

I decided that rather than post a new thread every time I make a batch, I'll just use one, and add new batches to it. This is actually 3 batches, but I've made them all since the beginning of the year.

They are top row, left to right, brown sugar and fig, sunshine, and London for men. Second row is lime, Kentish rain, and oatmeal milk and honey, third row is sunshine with cool looking soda ash, Clean laundry salt bar, and ginger lime. Last row is salt bar, vanilla, and lime.

More soap! I love these! The scents are guava fig (WSP) and crisp juniper (NS) and they both smell great. I mis- cut some of the purple and green ones, but they'll make great travel bars. These were testing out fixed molds which worked pretty well
PXL_20220221_153928959.jpg

These were a loofah batch I tried. I liked the pine scent, but was not impressed with the sandalwood.
PXL_20220221_154307890.MP.jpg

I made a divider for a mold and it worked pretty well, only the batter was too thick to swirl well. Smells good though- it's grapefruit bergamot (NS). The middle swirl was far too thick for what I was trying to do. The lines aren't straight and some of the bars had bubbles between the layers. They smell good though. Relaxation by WSP- it's a lavender blend and so far is sticking. The meaty one is Mediterranean Fig by WSP. Not thrilled with that one, but it smells good.
PXL_20220221_153821024.MP.jpg

Almost forgot this one. This was an attempt to undercook my HP for fluidity- a trick I learned here. This was a bit TOO undercooked though. They were supposed to be green and yellow but I had to stick blend them back together so they came out chartreuse. They're kinda ugly, but they lather great. I don't love the scent which is a dupe of Avobath.
PXL_20220221_161132794.jpg

I didn't add enough charcoal to these soaps to get a true black but they look exactly like my counter tops which are (wait for it) SOAPSTONE! The fragrance is very sexy for men which has faded already. I don't love the glitter on top but my friend did. The plain cream one is lemongrass which I made HP hoping the scent will hold longer.
PXL_20220221_162721563.jpg

Last edited:
More soap to share. This one is my gardening/dirty hands soap. Same batch. Half with only citrus zest and half with citrus zest plus coffee
PXL_20220411_171258636.jpg

Lemon Verbena scent in a salt bar, and regular recipe soap. Oddly the salt bar smells stronger. Both cold process.
PXL_20220411_171307113.MP.jpg

Fresh bamboo and cranberry soap. The cranberry soap slows trace a LOT, and I wasn't able to do the design I'd planned because it would not get thick! The bamboo FO was supposed to accelerate and did not. 🙄
PXL_20220411_171313100.jpg

20220512_101907.jpg

More soap! Some HP, some CP. 2 salt bars. Salt Water Mermaid (blue and green)did not accelerate and smells wonderful. Even my husband wants a bar- I didn't tell him the fragrance name. Ocean Water, (solid blue) accelerated horribly and has tons of airbubbles. The HP ones were experimental and turned out a bit homely but smell good. The pink and yellow one is my favorite. It's Raspberry Lemonade and smells great. The brown one is almond and honey. Best almond scent I've found and appears to be sticking. The purple one (blackberry magnolia) accelerated and cracked but cleaned up pretty well. The green and white is fresh pear, and smells wonderful.

Last edited:
I didn't tell him the fragrance name.
Why not? Nobody doesn't like Mermaids! 🧜‍♀️ 🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️

Best almond scent I've found and appears to be sticking.
If you don't mind sharing, I've been looking for a good almond fragrance that sticks. ???

My fave is the Ocean Water, (solid blue) -- it's just like me -- "accelerated horribly and has tons of airbubbles." Hahaha

If you don't mind sharing, I've been looking for a good almond fragrance that sticks. ???

My fave is the Ocean Water, (solid blue) -- it's just like me -- "accelerated horribly and has tons of airbubbles." Hahaha
20220512_140315.jpg

The top right bar and the square with the rounded edges were both scented with this. As you can see they brown somewhat. I didn't use vanilla stabilizer

More soap! There's a deer tallow soap in there. It's the round mauve one- the fo accelerated like crazy, but it smells great. The lavender solid one is Zany's Shea butter recipe. The two on the top right are a soap I added some coffee grounds to. I was going to stir it till it was solid blue, but I decided not to and I love the way it looks. The white oval is a coconut oil soap scented with lemon Verbena. The bottom middle is my husband's favorite- Irish Spring.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back