Uffda from North Dakota ...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fargood

Reaction score
Good morning from North Dakota. I live in the hinterlands near the Canadian border with my kids and husband. My husband is an oil field guy, so I convinced myself I could make him a cleansing pumice soap that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. That’s when I jumped into the rabbit hole of soap making. 30 or so batches later, I am finally introducing myself. Thanks for letting me lurk and absorb some of the awesome advice here.

animated-welcome-image-0291.gif Fargood

Welcome, Fargood, seems everyone is in this rabbit hole lately, must be getting busy there :D.

Good morning from North Dakota. I live in the hinterlands near the Canadian border with my kids and husband. My husband is an oil field guy, so I convinced myself I could make him a cleansing pumice soap that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. That’s when I jumped into the rabbit hole of soap making. 30 or so batches later, I am finally introducing myself. Thanks for letting me lurk and absorb some of the awesome advice here.
You might also look into creating a barrier cream. I'm not sure if it is possible with animal/vegetable oils but barrier cream helps protect the skin from absorbing invert (oilbased drilling mud) or any other oil/grease he may come in contact with.

I worked the summer (2011) in Williston . The sunrises there were beautiful if cirrus clouds were in the sky!

Welcome, Fargood. I finally got to North Dakota, my 50th state just within the past 18 months. My husband says it was in July or August of last year. Anyway, I bought myself a watch at a jeweler in Bismark to commemorate completion of that item on my bucket list: to visit all 50 states of the Union. Your state is lovely, BTW.

Back