Quantcast

Types of swirls?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

sarahmarah

Reaction score
Is there a book or blog that teaches different types of hanger swirls? I have tried searching and only come up with a few on YouTube which haven’t been very helpful. Just wondering if there’s any available resource out there that I’ve missed...

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a book or blog that teaches different types of hanger swirls? I have tried searching and only come up with a few on YouTube which haven’t been very helpful. Just wondering if there’s any available resource out there that I’ve missed...
Back in February there was a challenge for a swirl. I wasn’t eligible to participate at the time but I did try the technique. There are several videos on the technique in that thread. @Primrose also drew diagrams of the motions to use to get the best results. All of this, and especially the diagrams was very helpful to me in developing a swirl technique and I now have consistent results. Take a look at it.

sarahmarah

Reaction score
Back in February there was a challenge for a swirl. I wasn’t eligible to participate at the time but I did try the technique. There are several videos on the technique in that thread. @Primrose also drew diagrams of the motions to use to get the best results. All of this, and especially the diagrams was very helpful to me in developing a swirl technique and I now have consistent results. Take a look at it.
Thank you so much—I’ll check that out. Got my electrical tape covered wire hangers ready to roll 😂🤞

Primrose

Reaction score
This isnt specific to hanger swirls, but Soap Queen has a directory of a huge range of different soap designs. I find this link very useful

Zing

Reaction score
I like anything Soaping 101 puts out -- especially when I was a newbie,
Also, what @Jersey Girl said -- the diagram and video were super helpful and now it's a favorite of mine and I too get consistent results. Also, what @Primrose said, big Soap Queen fan here.

Latest posts