Two soaps down, many to go

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeanea

Reaction score
Just finished old fashioned and ocean water soap. I can't wait to cut the ocean water. My blue shimmer turned pink while soaping, so I hope it changes back.

1407632789473.jpg

1407632804900.jpg

What is the top soap? Is it a salt soap? The blue of the second one is beautiful! Post cut pics!

The top soap is just plain old lard, no scent, hp

I can't wait to cut the second one. My blue oil locking shimmer turned pink even before I added fo, so I hope it comes out ok.

Oh, the blue one is gorgeous! I love the texture and the light & dark shades of blue. Please please please post pix when you cut it!

Well they are out. The ocean water is to soft to cut.

Is Ocean Water the fragrance, or did you use actual ocean water?...I ask because I've been wanting to try using ocean water, but I haven't found a lot of information about using it. Found some things about brine water, and a couple people talking about wanting to or having done it, but no real specifics on oils used, acceleration, and final result(hardness, lather, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making App....love this app!

Sorry April but it's a fo from wsp. I wish I had some ocean water to soap. I like trying to jack up soap...lol. I thought there was a thread here on it, but can't find it. I would imagine that the process would be similar to making a salt bar. So you would have to move quickly. You have no way of knowing how much salt is in the water.

Sea water is normally between 33-36 parts per thousand, so 3.3-3.6 parts per hundred, so 3.3-3.6% salt to the weight of the water should get you close. That's a lot less than salt or even brine soaps, so it shouldn't be too difficult to work with.

Edit to add: 34 grams of salt in 1000 ml of water (or similar fraction) would be the easiest answer of all :)

Sorry April but it's a fo from wsp. I wish I had some ocean water to soap. I like trying to jack up soap...lol. I thought there was a thread here on it, but can't find it. I would imagine that the process would be similar to making a salt bar. So you would have to move quickly. You have no way of knowing how much salt is in the water.

Last edited:
Thanks, still a lil disappointed with the purple that was supposed to be a ocean teal blue but sometimes the soap know best...lol

Latest posts

Back