Two Single Oil Soap Tests

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am quite impressed with the Almond Oil soap already. I just cut it and tried the end piece. It already lathers and feels decent, so it should be a nice soap and affordable with Costco carrying Almond Oil.
Almond oil was recommended as a sub for OO in HP castile soap by "Bunny" (runs with scissors) years ago. I tried it. I liked it. I also made 100% almond oil shampoo as a special request from a customer. I was amazed at the nice lather it produced.
ETA: The RBO soap is also lathering fresh out of the mold. I am guessing it may be the Sorbitol. Both already have a nice feel.
I don't remember how long ago it was that olive oil was very pricey. At that time, Soapers Choice started selling less expensive 50/50 OO & RBO. So that might be an option too. I can't offer an opinion on how it soaps because I never used it alone, always in a formula with 4 other oils.
The SAO soap is still not a nice soap, so do not wast SAO as a bar of single oil soap. It still has next to nothing lather, better with a bath pouf but I still find it drying.
For What It's Worth: While cleaning out files recently I came across a note from a long time ago that advised NOT taking a water discount when making castile or the soap will be drying.

Back