two questions and a Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post but I have been reading the extemely useful information for about a week now. Any way, I have a couple of questions.

First: I bought a stick blender yesterday and it has a blending attachment and a blade attachment, have any of you used both and have an opinion on which one is better.

Second: I bought some EO's yesterday, one of which is Sweet Almond Oil. Being new to this I didn't really know what to buy. Well they didn't have a scent tester for this particular oil but I bought it anyway because it was a great price. The problem now is that it doesn't have a scent at all. What I want to know is can I use this as part of the fat content and has anyone tried it. If so, does it work well?

Thanks in advance for responses. This seems to be a very friendly forum and I look forward to getting to know all of you. :D

Sweet Almond Oil is generally a fat content oil (like corn oil or soybean oil) & not an EO.

Can I ask how many oz you got & how much you paid for it? That might unravel the mystery. Does the bottle say *EO*?

Sweet Almond oil isn't an essential oil (as in a scent), it is one of the oils used for the soap itself. It does work well and is good for dry skin and conditions like eczema and psoriasis. :)

Hello there. How are you? I had a stick blender years ago for my first batch, which i was so scared to make. The blender burned out and I had to stir by hand. It was so frustrating. I like to use a mixer and silicone spatula for my soaping now. I am actually on my way to the store today to buy another stick blender because I want to make some crockpot soap. Get a used stick blender but not a cheaply made one. It will fizzle out quickly. As for the sweet almond oil. You say it has no fragrance. Maybe use it as a nutrient at trace to soften the skin. I am not sure. Happy soaping!

Tabitha said:
Sweet Almond Oil is generally a fat content oil (like corn oil or soybean oil) & not an EO.

Can I ask how many oz you got & how much you paid for it? That might unravel the mystery. Does the bottle say *EO*?

I am not home at the moment, but I believe it is a 12 oz bottle that I got for around $6.00, it was with the other EO's and the sales clerk told me it was an EO. I will look when I get home to see if the bottle itself says that it is. I will be happy to just use it as part of the fat content though to see how it works.

Back