Two new soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

Reaction score
I made these soaps this past week. The first two pictures are made with the fragrance Almost Heaven Type from NDA. I really really like it. A little too sweet, but that's okay. I forgot half my liquids which was the goats milk. It seems like I do something wrong in every batch. I am not sure what the water discount would be. I suppose I could use it right away with that kind of discount. I also tried to do swirls in both soaps but of course the soap was at thick trace right away, even the second one which had all it's liquids. I think I may just have to use the whisk with RTCP because the second I put the SB in it goes right to thick trace.
131bk1.jpg

134ye1.jpg

This soap is made with the FO Sandalwood also from NDA. It is nice but very faint. This is like the first batch where nothing went wrong except the swirling at thick trace.
132qn5.jpg

Missjulesdid said:
How lovely! i would never know you swirled those at thick trace, they came out great!

You know, I was thinking about this. Maybe if someone with experience was standing beside me watching, they might say it wasn't thick trace. But I definitely had to plop the soap in. There was no drizzling. The dark one I did a little swirling in the pot first and both of them I would put a little colored soap and then base soap. I did that in layers since it was so thick.

It was fun. I learn a little something new with each batch.

Thank you to you too Mandolyn. You are learning swirling too. Good Luck.

Back