Two day soap w/mica line

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lighthousekeeper

Reaction score
I'm going to be making a small batch of soap soon, two layers separated by a mica line and piped flowers on top. The bottom layer and the flowers will be one color and the top layer will be uncolored. I'd like to do the piped flowers a day ahead of time because its my first time trying piping, and I don't want to be stressed or rushed. However, because I'm doing a small batch, I'd have to make a teeeeeeny amount of batter to just pipe. Ideally, I'd make all of colored batter at once on day 1, pour the bottom later, dust some gold mica on top, and pipe my flowers to set aside. Then on day 2, I could mix and pour my uncolored layer over the mica line, and set my flowers on top.

I've done mica lines before, but never split over two days. Do you think the soap will have a hard time bonding through the mica layer if the bottom layer of soap is already set when I pour the next layer?

Let me know if that didn't make sense, and thanks in advance!

I would be concerned it won’t stick. You’ll have to make sure you get a good gel and that Amy not do it. I always pour all my layers at the same time. Though I don’t pipe or make flowers fro my soaps.

I've soaped over 2 days with a mica lines. I did use CPOP to force gel.
To eliminate any concerns though, maybe you could make separate soap first and increase the batch slightly to allow for the piped flowers, then on the following day make your two layer with mica line soap in one go.

I've soaped over 2 days with a mica lines. I did use CPOP to force gel.
To eliminate any concerns though, maybe you could make separate soap first and increase the batch slightly to allow for the piped flowers, then on the following day make your two layer with mica line soap in one go.
Good thinking.

Latest posts

Back