Twilight ,my new years Eve soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starduster

Reaction score
:lol: So far so good.
This is how things have gone thus far in my Twilight Soap Stars soap batch.
This is a biggy as I make few batches for real ,spending lots of time planning them first .But I make the God Father (for an amateur ) of batches once let loose.
This one is just over 26 gms. I had to use new mixing arrangements but that worked well.Usually for a lge 18 gms batch I use that white bucket, this time the flatter oblong plastic box. Both on wheel arrangments note.
It worked better cause my hand beater and the hand mixer reached right thru. Before I had to rely on that batterry drill and it was slower.
I alternated beating the pre mix oils in the Kenwood.
I prepared ingredients and colours over 3 days. I still left out the dark greeny blue colour but that was probably best because there is now a lovely contrast of Deep green, white and lavender with sone splatterings of hot pink and deep green gratings from pre mix.

Molds lined up and ready.

Ms. Messy fills molds, and oh, my feet need a massage with bubbles gorgeous scrubby.

Ingredients:
Cocoa Butter, Macadamia ,Coconot, olive, grape seed and rice bran oils plus Aloe Vera from my garden and goats milk.
I made a tea infusion with feverfew and sage leaves. All except goats milk were natural temps at 7 am here about 30 ambient then, now 34 . The year wants to go out on a hot one.
This was aimed mainly at the younger Twilight set so perfumed mysteriously gorgeous with ,Abysynth ,lime and sweet cakes egyptian musk . I mixed the perfumes in different colours so they are not actually combining so I hope they still anchor well.
Did I leave anything out , yes Almond meal . Now this was all set to be a great complexion soap and at last moment I threw in cosmetic grade imp dust .Body soap now ?
Here it is several hours later and it smells wonderfull and looks great.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just tipped a very solid Butterfly mold out and it is, :lol: shaking with excitment, still lovely.
What a way to slip into the new year. :wink:

Good for you Mary!!!
I can't wait to see them out of the moulds!!
Every time I make a batch I think of you and I wonder "Where does she get that secret ingredient that she puts in her soaps". Secret Ingredient? The Magic of course!!! :D

ChrissyB said:
Good for you Mary!!!
I can't wait to see them out of the moulds!!
Every time I make a batch I think of you and I wonder "Where does she get that secret ingredient that she puts in her soaps". Secret Ingredient? The Magic of course!!! :D

Absolutely Chrissy! Stardust magic in all her soaps.....

Looks awesome in the drawer mould starduster......must....see.....cut....pics!!! And very curious about the butterflies :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tanya :)

Thanks and they are looking great so far.

Thankyou, both Chrissy and Tanya.
I really am excited over this batch the colours have turned out Teenager friendly I think, is ubber cool the word? Thanks to me leaving that more defined deep aqua out accidently.I have sliced the big block and it is a baroque swirl of misty greens,deep olive greens and the last minute powdery blue pearlescent I threw in has give it that obscure stardust look, Then there is the lavender swirl on top with stars.
I was so pleased with it that I have laid out the makings for a small one of just 4200 gms approx this time to do the 1.1.09 Called Once apon a Time. I will use my new unicorn molds, tiny dragon fly ,and large single back and front mystical dragon fly and those Butterfly ones you asked about. I have six now and I think they take 280 gms from memory . They just add a variety and look cute. Also the new oval six ugly fairy ones I have, plus what ever else I might need.
Ahh , to soap :lol:

Perfume wise I am thinking so far that Aspen winter for a third of the mix and the other vanilla and myrrh . Seems the best mix I have on hand.
Colours pink clay .That will be a light chocolate and mauve plus fairy dust?
Any extra additions that you can think of?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

so lovely. ai actually got my hubby in here to look at it. Yep the same guy that runs and hides when i pull out the oils.Beautiful job once again Starduster. :p

Starduster.

Can you please add some pics of your dragonfly molds. I would love to see them. I have a HUGE dragonfly fettish and have a few molds but I am always looking for more. Dragonflies and ladybugs are my favorite.

Thanks

Dragonflies are soo cute.

Jody said:
Starduster.

Can you please add some pics of your dragonfly molds. I would love to see them. I have a HUGE dragonfly fettish and have a few molds but I am always looking for more. Dragonflies and ladybugs are my favorite.

Thanks

Yes yes, love to. ASP.
Dragonflies are about breaking thru illusion ,then there is a nother and another. I did a Zodiac card of Dragonflies for Aries once. It is cool.
Okay soon. The big one is clam shell called Celestial Dragonfly and works well.
Small are guest soaps.
:lol:

PHOTOS

Photos of how my Twilight soap looks. Dont you just love that over anxious rushed messy cut .Never mind it can't take away from those colours.
I experimented with putting a little melt and pur in top layer and another area . It didn't quite mix as intended but added to that out of this world look.
By the way I am envious of you soapers that do a lovely neat looking bar. My journey is more this wild stuff .

Also thankyou once again for your interest , it makes me strive for something special everytime. I guess it's the poetical artist in me , gives me a chance to pull someone into my misty world this way. I love seeing your special soaps for just the same reason.
No man/ women is a Soap Island :lol:

I think this bottom photo shows the colours best.

So pretty! I love the stars embedded in the top.....were they MP? I think I will have to do a CP with MP either embedded or drizzled over the top, or something.....love to combine my two soaping loves :D

Tanya 8)

Stars

Stars are not MP Tanya, I used a prebatched plain soap that I coloured up differently for the purpose of making decorations. They take ages to do but I feel make a big difference so are worth it.Perhaps a long tunnel star mold will make it easier to just slice them off.

You really have to want those stars badly, it takes ages.
The stars will not remain whole when I slice the big block but maybe that just makes it a little more interesting.
I used a little clear MP mixed in with top colour to hopefuly allow the stars to show through better on the star soaps.
A few that I had the star placed in exactly the middle of those star molds and had pressed firmly so no soap went under look amazing. Close up photo later.
:lol:
Those good batches do carry me over the other more challenging one that require a rebatch.

Why , thankee you so much

pinkduchon said:
Your soap is breathtaking. Your work is amazing.
Thankyou,
My hearts a fluttering at that and small droplet sqeezing from eye.
I take my hat of to everyone on this forum, without this help on all practical issues in soap making my creative muse would sulking about being unused.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The soap canvas is so unlimited.
Mary

Latest posts

Back