Tutorials - new YouTube channel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjifrazer

Reaction score
So soapsters.

I am starting a YouTube channel with tips tutorials the usual Fayre.

However, it occurred to me - there is lots of the same things on most channels and I wondered if anyone has a tutorial they wish they could find, a technique that they just can’t fathom out or any soap related content they would like to see?

I’d credit you with the idea ( or not if you’d rather I didn’t) but I want to make a channel that would help people with their soaping.

I'm thinking back to my early days here. As a beginner, I would have liked a playlist of swirl techniques-- one per video. There are a lot of great YT soapers who have tutorials, but to have them in an easy-to-find set would have been nice.

As far as what I need now, it's all math. How to calculate the amount of CA I need, for example. And explained simply, with a step-by-step explanation. I don't do math well....

I'm thinking back to my early days here. As a beginner, I would have liked a playlist of swirl techniques-- one per video. There are a lot of great YT soapers who have tutorials, but to have them in an easy-to-find set would have been nice.

As far as what I need now, it's all math. How to calculate the amount of CA I need, for example. And explained simply, with a step-by-step explanation. I don't do math well....
That’s great ideas. I have a make your lye tutorial and a emulsion tutorial - so that makes sense.

I always thought it would be interesting to have a channel that does top ten and reviews for soaps and products. An interesting idea as well is to do tours of the different soap suppliers so we can see where our products come from.

I always thought it would be interesting to have a channel that does top ten and reviews for soaps and products. An interesting idea as well is to do tours of the different soap suppliers so we can see where our products come from.
nice ideas. thank you

So soapsters.

I am starting a YouTube channel with tips tutorials the usual Fayre.

However, it occurred to me - there is lots of the same things on most channels and I wondered if anyone has a tutorial they wish they could find, a technique that they just can’t fathom out or any soap related content they would like to see?

I’d credit you with the idea ( or not if you’d rather I didn’t) but I want to make a channel that would help people with their soaping.
That’s lovely to hear.

Step by step hanger swirl please:
Some do circles ; figure 8’s etc. -please explain why and how
Thickness of batter required

Thank you

That’s lovely to hear.

Thank you
Okay thats a good point. obviously the motion you use in the mould will create different swirl, so thats going to be a interesting video as ill need to show how motion and trace affects the design - ive got a great idea for that... thank you

How to bevel round bars (cylindrical column mould), so that it looks nice and even?

Tops & flops for soda ash prevention – which tricks work well, which don't

Cold-process liquid soap

A respectable M&P base without the trouble of working with free fatty acids (stearic acid, myristic acid etc.), nor syndets

Outtakes – when things don't quite go by plan. Those who always succeed, don't challenge themselves enough, don't know their limits. And withholding unsatisfying results is selection bias.

My only request is that it is short and on point. Also no "guests" in the room, including 4-footed ones. Music distracts from content. Here's 2 examples:

Carrie Petersen's demo of GLS (Glycerin Liquid Soap)

Andrea's Demo of Zany's No Slime Castile (Summit Valley Soap)

I wondered if anyone has a tutorial they wish they could find, a technique that they just can’t fathom out or any soap related content they would like to see?
I can't think of anything that fits that scenario -- and certainly NOT swirls because there is no end of tutorials on that subject and experts abound.

My advice is to only do techniques, tips & tricks based on your experience and expertise and that will stand the test of time. A fine example is Brambleberry's Anne Marie who has been doing this for 12 years. Check out her channel:

SOAP QUEEN TV

For more ideas -

SOAP QUEEN ONLINE

Last edited:
I would love to see a video of various soap molds (wood, acrylic, silicone, etc.) the pros and cons of each, and then your favorite and why. I have seen reviews of molds, but they are usually gifted by the company, and because of that overly positive.

Also, swirl techniques.

I second this. Some soapers swirl so fast and I have to rewind numerous times. I also like the videos where they show a drawing with arrows of the path the hanger takes.

My only request is that it is short and on point. Also no "guests" in the room, including 4-footed ones. Music distracts from content. Here's 2 examples:

I can't think of anything that fits that scenario -- and certainly NOT swirls because there is no end of tutorials on that subject and experts abound.

My advice is to only do techniques, tips & tricks based on your experience and expertise and that will stand the test of time. A fine example is Brambleberry's Anne Marie who has been doing this for 12 years. Check out her channel:

SOAP QUEEN TV

For more ideas -

SOAP QUEEN ONLINE
Please

SOAP QUEEN TV

For more ideas -

SOAP QUEEN ONLINE
And there is always a gate keeper... how rude you are.

And there is always a gate keeper... how rude you are.
I am SO very sorry.... I didn't mean to be rude, not at all. Just helpful. I obviously have issues with videos where the presenter blathers on ad nauseum while I, in my copy editor's mind, is snipping away at the superfluous to get to the meat of the presentation. That's just me. And you have put me in my place, quite succinctly. In any case, it's just my opinion -- neither right nor wrong -- what you do is totally up to you, of course.

Wishing you all the best! Good luck and have fun! :nodding:

Latest posts

Back