Tussah Silk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPowers

Reaction score
I started using tussah silk awhile ago. Coincidentally my soap batches seems to be much softer than before. Do you think there is a correlation? I think that is really the only change I've made since starting to soap. I unmolded my most recent batch in 24 hrs but I waited 2 days before cutting and it was still somewhat soft. Any insights are appreciated.

I started using tussah silk awhile ago. Coincidentally my soap batches seems to be much softer than before. Do you think there is a correlation? I think that is really the only change I've made since starting to soap. I unmolded my most recent batch in 24 hrs but I waited 2 days before cutting and it was still somewhat soft. Any insights are appreciated.

I have used Tussah Silk in several of my soaps and have not experienced this. My bars feel the same (hardness) as all the others.

Thanks - good to know. I'm not sure what the issue is. Perhap the time of year with doors and windows open, it's more humid (although not hot). Once cut, they dry up nicely but never had to wait so long to cut and clean them.

Thanks - good to know. I'm not sure what the issue is. Perhap the time of year with doors and windows open, it's more humid (although not hot). Once cut, they dry up nicely but never had to wait so long to cut and clean them.

Could be the temperature for sure. My home goes from heat to air conditioning so the temps are very consistent.

I haven't turned the air on yet and we've had some rainy/humid days so that might be it. Thanks,

Latest posts

Back