Turtles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just removed these cute little babies from their molds (eggs?). I used leftover batter from my first attempt at the Infinity Swirl challenge. They are so cute! I wasn't sure if CP would do ok, but they're pretty solid. I guess my 2nd attempt at the challenge will be the same colors so I can make another set of these sweet babes.

Turtles2_05.09.22.jpg
Turtles_05.09.22.jpg

I just removed these cute little babies from their molds (eggs?). I used leftover batter from my first attempt at the Infinity Swirl challenge. They are so cute! I wasn't sure if CP would do ok, but they're pretty solid. I guess my 2nd attempt at the challenge will be the same colors so I can make another set of these sweet babes.

View attachment 66707View attachment 66708
Where did you get the molds? Sea turtles are my logo and i can only find molds that are just ONE sea turtle. Really really cute!!

View attachment 66707View attachment 66708
Yeah, those are to die for. I LOVE how detailed that mold is. 😍 🐢

Where did you get the molds? Sea turtles are my logo and i can only find molds that are just ONE sea turtle. Really really cute!!

Thank you! They are so cute!

I got them on Amazon but unfortunately they are single molds but they do come in a set of four - Sea Turtle set. I like the size and they were really easy to remove from the molds without damage.

I love the little turtles; you did such a clean and detailed job. Could you share some details about the process like if you needed to lubricate the molds or if your soap recipe had any ingredients to make a firmer bar? How long did you wait to unmold; was it difficult? I bought the same mold like two months ago and have just been sitting on it, nervous it wouldn’t look so nice, but you’ve shown us how good it can come out!

I love the little turtles; you did such a clean and detailed job. Could you share some details about the process like if you needed to lubricate the molds or if your soap recipe had any ingredients to make a firmer bar? How long did you wait to unmold; was it difficult? I bought the same mold like two months ago and have just been sitting on it, nervous it wouldn’t look so nice, but you’ve shown us how good it can come out!
Thank you. I didn't do anything special but I do use sodium lactate in my recipe so that probably helped. I also CPOP'd the loaf of soap so I placed the turtles in the oven as well.

I did make sure to tap & squiggle the molds while pouring. I poured a little, tapped & squiggled, poured more, tapped & squiggled etc. My batter was probably a medium trace because it was at the end of the soaping process so if you had thinner batter you probably wouldn't need to do so much tapping. When I was done filling them, I lined them all up and covered them with one piece of saran wrap, smoothing the wrap directly onto the soap before placing into the warm oven.

To release them, I pulled the sides of the molds out while holding the mold with the turtle facing downward and then used my thumb to gently push the turtle out. The molds have a lot of stretch so they're easier to remove than you think they'd be.

Also, try not to overfill because it's more to clean up when you remove them. The little back legs are the most delicate.

I just ordered this set of 12 turtles so I can make a bunch at a time.

Edited to update link

Latest posts

Back