Tucuma butter in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Has anyone used tucuma butter in soap? What did you think of it?
I don't normally use butters but I was given a little tucuma and cocoa today so I made a double butter batch.

Was really surprised to see tucuma has such a high cleansing number, I had to reduce my coconut way day.

The batter took forever to trace too and of course its overheating and cracking as I type this.

Has anyone used tucuma butter in soap? What did you think of it?
I don't normally use butters but I was given a little tucuma and cocoa today so I made a double butter batch.

Was really surprised to see tucuma has such a high cleansing number, I had to reduce my coconut way day.

The batter took forever to trace too and of course its overheating and cracking as I type this.
I’d never heard of it but just looked it up. Looks like it may be nice to try in a body butter or lotion as well from what I read about it’s properties.

Yes, we usually use it in lotion and its fantastic. This bit was getting a little old and I didn't want mom to throw it out so I took it for soap.

Attachments

• 20200627_191130.jpg
    20200627_191130.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 11
I'm guessing this isn't popular due to the high price and high cleansing numbers.

I cut the loaf the next day and it was quite hard, especially around the edges. I couldn't wait to test it so I used a end piece. It has a lot of creamy lather, really surprising since I used a fair amount of cocoa butter.

If it has a nice skin feel after cure, I might have found the perfect luxury recipe.

I do want to get more tucuma and try it in a salt bar.

Latest posts

Back