Tube Soap Molds, have u tried them?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give up......
If you care to see the MP soap slices I made with PVC pipe inserts look at my hyenacart. www.hyenacart.com/soapsnstuff
The PEACH in the SPICED APPLES AND PEACHES was made with PVC Pipe, and the little circles in the WINTER BERRIES was made with the tiny PVC pipe.
I don't have the violet one I made with the flower tube mold on there, sorry.

NameThatCandy said:
cool soaps!

NTC, I just looked at your links, some very cute stuff! I was wondering, though, how the sprinkling of lavender buds worked out for your CP soap? I do that with my Lavender Botanical and EO M&P soap but had never seen it done with a CP soap. I think it looks very attractive but I was wondering if you'd gotten any feedback or how you liked it (the end result)

Hey Jadiebugs1,

Cool looking soaps.

Since you use photobucket for your pics (I do too), it's rather easy to post a pic. Go to photobucket and find the pic that you wish to post. Under the pic, there is a list. Left click on the words that says, "IMG Code." After you do, there should be a small yellow banner that pops up and says, "Copied."

Now, open the new post or reply where you wish to post your pic and type in the body of your text. When you are finished typing your text, press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard twice so that your cursor will move down to begin a new paragraph. Move your mouse over the blinking cursor and right click your mouse. A menu will pop up. From that menu, left click on "paste." It will then past a tag that begins with
. DO NOT MESS WITH ANY OF THIS TAG!! If you do, the pic won't show up. Oh... using this method, DO NOT click on the "IMG" button that is right above the body of the text. Doing so will cause too many "IMG" tags to be inserted and the pic will not show up. That is what happened in the two posts above.

At first, this may seem like a bit of a pain. But, after you have done it a couple of times, you will be posting pics as if you've been doing it all your life!! 8)

I went to your photobucket album. You've got some beautiful soaps!!!! I found the one that you were trying to post a pic of. And, using the method that I described above, I posted the following pic for you:

WinterBerries.jpg

Good luck,
Robert

Why Robert, you're the best! :wink:
I will try, yet again to post a pic then of the Spiced Apples and Peaches, using the PVC pipe here, just for practice.....I think I used the "direct link" option before, not sure but hopefully this works!
And thank you so much for the compliment on my soaps...these one's using the "tube" molds are at lot of work (and mess) to accomplish....

SpicedApplesPeaches2.jpg

GREAT job, Sharon!!! I told you that you could do it!!! 8)

Too bad the others can't see the pics that I saw. You definately have some georgeous soaps. I'm sure they are a lot of trouble to make. But, they sure are a work of art!!

Robert

THANKS AGAIN, STOP NOW YOU'RE MAKING ME BLUSH! :oops:

Here's the Violet using the flower tube (using a straw for the middle). Oh, FYI-when I bought this flower tube, it came with a sheet of ideas of how to make different inserts like Citrus Slices, Rainbows, Strawberry Hearts, Butterflys, Daisys, etc. using the different tube molds they make...quite informative and inspiring for us M&P makers.
Violet1.jpg

Hopefully this pic turns out a little smaller!
Sharon

wow wonderful soaps! Thanks Robert for explaining the picture post.
Great looking photos.

No problem, Neil. I was glad I could help out.

I definately concur, Neil. I would again say that Sharon makes some beautiful soaps. But, she's already told me to hush. Said I was making her blush. But, they really are beautiful soaps!!

Robert

tube molds

I'm new here, and was reading this topic. I've used 3" PVC lubed with vasoline. They come out somewhat easily, but I find that the soap absorbs it and the color changes and I have to trim too much off. If they are too long they are difficult to remove.

I've found something I like better. If I get coconut oil from Walmart I use the plastic containers it comes in. Trim about an inch off the top to get past the part where the lid screws on. I leave the bottom on and they slide out easy enough after being in the freezer, just turn it upside down and shake.

Kathy

Tabitha, your soaps look lovely! I've never seen a tube mold before, I've been using novelty shaped muffin trays to get hearts and stars etc, but if the soap goes to trace too fast, it's hard to get the backs looking neat. These tubes look like the way to go! How did you get the stars inside the circular shaped soaps? I'm guessing that you made the stars in a star tube mold first, then placed them inside the round mold & poured your next batch in around it?? They look really cute!
I haven't seen a tube mold at any of the Australian soap making suppliers, so I might try making one out of PVC, seems pretty straight forward. I don't know how I'd make a star shaped one though?

Latest posts

Back