Trying to Make Shampoo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rahil

Reaction score
What do you think these particles could be? I tried adding a pinch of sugar to the oil phase. Do you think if that's what I'm seeing or does it have to cook some more? This is a pinch of shampoo paste diluted in distilled water
20200705_203747.jpg
20200705_203747(0).jpg
20200705_203753.jpg

I cannot really see what your are looking at, but I do have to ask, is this liquid soap based with lye or a syndet based product? If lye based liquid soap it is Not Shampoo but soap. Since you mention diluted paste I am guessing it is Soap. BTW sugar will not dissolve in oil, it is water-soluble.

I cannot really see what your are looking at, but I do have to ask, is this liquid soap based with lye or a syndet based product? If lye based liquid soap it is Not Shampoo but soap. Since you mention diluted paste I am guessing it is Soap. BTW sugar will not dissolve in oil, it is water-soluble.

It is liquid soap that I want to use as a base for shampoo

Hi Rahil and Welcome to the Forum!

I'd like to help but in order to diagnose the problem, we need more information. Please go to the Recipe Feedback forum and post your recipe there, along with a picture. That way more members will be able to see it and hopefully figure out what's going on.

When you have time, and if it isn't too much trouble, please introduce yourself on the Introduction Forum. Tell us a little about yourself and especially your level of experience in making soap. The more we know about you helps us to help you with any problems you encounter on your soapy journey. :nodding:

You can post your recipe here in your own post.......That is perfectly fine. Also, I agree with cmzaha, liquid soap is not shampoo. Like Obsidian said, I would just strain it as the sugar will not dissolve in oil. You need dissolve it into your water before your lye.

It is liquid soap that I want to use as a base for shampoo
I hear ya, Rahil! No worries. I also make liquid soap (since 2004) that I use and sell as Hair & Body Shampoo. :nodding: Other LS'ers do so as well. Due to the high pH of lye-based soaps, some SMF members prefer "syndets" (Synthetics & Detergents) to make soap and shampoo to achieve a lower pH more suitable to hair.

This has been discussed many times. Use the search bar at the top of this page to learn more.

I hear ya, Rahil! No worries. I also make liquid soap (since 2004) that I use and sell as Hair & Body Shampoo. :nodding: Other LS'ers do so as well. Due to the high pH of lye-based soaps, some SMF members prefer "syndets" (Synthetics & Detergents) to make soap and shampoo to achieve a lower pH more suitable to hair.

This has been discussed many times. Use the search bar at the top of this page to learn more.
Okay, thanks

Back